How far are we from making online worlds with AI and will pantheon release first ?

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
The next gen of gaming

eqnext_rrr_img_128295-660x371.jpg

let’s face it. Gaming is stuck and risks like this (however well placed or not) - sink studios and careers.

the barriers to entry got way too high.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
let’s face it. Gaming is stuck and risks like this (however well placed or not) - sink studios and careers.

the barriers to entry got way too high.
The barriers to entry will go down with engines that support open development and integrate AI art generation and AI for filler quests and dialogue generation.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
The barriers to entry will go down with engines that support open development and integrate AI art generation and AI for filler quests and dialogue generation.

it will come. Text and chat is already happening in sales / marketing. Look at lavender and a plethora of others.

this stuff will pull forward naturally.

i want to talk to seneca!

someone needs to go extreme granularity - would be super cool and ultimately end up quirky because ai- quirkiness were some of the best things of games in the Past.

I have long been jaded about games becoming parks with good graphics - I care about gameplay/mechanics and story above all else. Graphics !=immersion. I still think more about ff4 Cecil meeting himself In the mirror and Aeris dying… final fantasy tactics in general… metal gear solid, than most of this modern bullshit

also imagine emergent behavior in games - would be super cool. Have you seen the modern ai cryptid that’s already appeared ?

Last edited: