Humankind (Civ-style game from Amplitude Studios)

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

Make sure to post about how Civ4 is better!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This looks a little too much like a ripoff.

I really liked Endless Space 2 though.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Civ 4 was better.

Actually, I'm all about a new TBS game - every new contender is a potential awesome game until we see how shallow and/or dumb it is.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
I will definitely check it out, but I have all the endless games, and while I couldn't point to any particular faults, none of them have really grabbed me. They just seemed to be missing something.

And it's true, civ4 is best civ, although I chalk that up to FFH2.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out when it gets close to release.

Also Civ4 was average as fuck.

• 1Dislike

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I really liked Endless Legend. Haven't tried Endless Space.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I really liked Endless Legend. Haven't tried Endless Space.
Both trash AIs.

This comes out April 22, 2021. Maybe it will be good. Maybe not.

But the current state of Civ4 reminds me of the arrogant hubris of SimCity release. Just absolute dogshit, then Cities: Skylines came out and it complete obliterated their entire customer base. Civ4 with shit performance, non-existent AI, all they do is release new leader DLC packs... wouldn't be too hard to usurp them.

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Both trash AIs.

But the current state of Civ4 reminds me of the arrogant hubris of SimCity release. Just absolute dogshit, then Cities: Skylines came out and it complete obliterated their entire customer base. Civ4 with shit performance, non-existent AI, all they do is release new leader DLC packs... wouldn't be too hard to usurp them.
Civ 4 is awesome! Still my favorite of the Civs.
5 and 6 on the other hand...

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Humankind and Old World could be really great additions to this genre, I hope they both turn out as good as they seem like they could be.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both trash AIs.

Just look at "New Frontier", it's a Civ now, a Civ and a map type later and maybe another Civ some time in 2021 and they charge 40 bucks for it.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone played Humankind in beta? How is it shaping up?
I played Old World early access and it's quite good although has AI issues like every other game in this genre has.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I played the shit out of the beta and enjoyed it for the most part but not sure I would consider it a great game.
It's certainly different enough from the Civ's but I don't think it has as much depth. Obviously that comparing a base game with a game that has multiple versions and multi expansions.
It definitely does some new and cool things but as much as their stated goal is to create a game that writes a story of a civilization developing, it still very much feels like a game.

I haven't played Old World in ages, but I think it's a better civ style game.
Personally, I would wait for a deal to get Humankind, unless you're really itching for another civ game that's a little different from the others.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Every Endless**** game that came out had an absolute shit-atrocious AI.

I suspect this will be the same.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It would be very hard to be any worse than the AI in Civ 6 unless they ever got around to fixing that.

I really liked Endless Space 2, but also recognize that it wasn't great at the same time.

Goonsquad Officer
was this any good?

I like this sort of game, but i cringed at all the diverse shots of mixed people in history doing things what mixed groups of people didn't do. that coupled with 'screen shots' of this kind of thing being worthless. "giant horseman standing on hex".

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
was this any good?

I like this sort of game, but i cringed at all the diverse shots of mixed people in history doing things what mixed groups of people didn't do.

I mean, that's the entire fucking point of the whole civ genre ? Or did you always play civ as USA and reeeeeeeeeee about sjw microaggressions whenever any other faction built one of 'your' monuments ?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
was this any good?

I like this sort of game, but i cringed at all the diverse shots of mixed people in history doing things what mixed groups of people didn't do. that coupled with 'screen shots' of this kind of thing being worthless. "giant horseman standing on hex".

Yeah, I totally thought a Civ-like series was going to be a faithful and accurate representation of actual history and not a game that you could change the outcome for. How could I be so wrong?!?!!?