Humans

Discussion in 'TV House' started by ShakyJake, Jun 15, 2015.

1. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +1,585
    Rating: 0.00/5 - 0 Votes
    bqENXJpmYNRuuSpbSga8I9Pk5RC.jpg
    Humans

Genre: Science Fiction, Drama, Thriller, Mystery

First Aired: 2015-06-14

Overview: In a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live.

LOVED the first episode. The actors playing the androids did a fantastic job.

#1 ShakyJake, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  2. gogusrl Active Member

gogusrl
    Ratings:
    +27
    I liked it a lot as well, but I'm afraid this is going to turn into a android powered soap opera.

3. Void Hamburger Helper DONOR

Void
    Ratings:
    +561
    I was pretty surprised by it too. The main android chick was phenomenal. I hope it doesn't go the route gogusrl suspects, but for the time being I'm fairly hooked.

4. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +1,585
    I liked when the bitch wife said, "You're just a stupid machine, aren't you?" And she replied with, "Yes, Laura." with just aslightbit of sarcasm.

Very poignant scene when she was looking at the moon.

5. velk Active Member

velk
    Ratings:
    +22
    I was surprised by how quickly they moved the plot along. The wife did a good job of acting like she was pretty sure she was being fucked with, but still didn't want to look like an idiot ;p

6. Agraza Registered Hutt DONOR

Agraza
    Ratings:
    +191
    Solid pilot. This could be good.

7. gogusrl Active Member

gogusrl
    Ratings:
    +27
    Another good episode, gonna keep looking.

8. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +1,585
    Is the dude that got the crap kicked out of him an android too? I couldn't quite tell what the black android was doing with the wire -- cauterizing the wound or hooking something up? It looked like a wire was coming OUT of the guy.

9. gogusrl Active Member

gogusrl
    Ratings:
    +27
    It was clear for me that the guy is an android as well. It showed how the black droid connected him to AC and he started twitching / charging.

10. Void Hamburger Helper DONOR

Void
    Ratings:
    +561
    Yeah, I felt he was an android too, but he has to be next gen, since he opened the door that supposedly only humans can open at the hooker place. And is bleeding red blood all over. If that's what is going on, shit is going to get even more interesting.

I love the main chick and the way she acts, but I also really like the malfunctioning synth that William Hurt doesn't want to give up. I mean, in a Simple Jack sort of way, but still, I constantly think, "No disassemble!"

11. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +1,585
  12. Nester Well-Known Member

Nester
    Ratings:
    +331
    Just watched the first 3 eps.

This show is really good. Check it out if you like Scifi.

13. Xexx Well-Known Member

Xexx
    Ratings:
    +87
    Shit reminds me of Ex Machina, love it so far.

14. velk Active Member

velk
    Ratings:
    +22
    Haha, go the kid, proving if you can make sex bots that hot, the human race will die out ;p

15. Ender4212 Active Member

Ender4212
    Ratings:
    +29
    Watched the first four episodes yesterday. Good stuff.

16. KurganAU Member

KurganAU
    Ratings:
    +10
    Digging the show so far. Willing to overlook ?teenagers hate parents? drama because the rest of it is pretty good.
    I like that the show isn?t ignoring holes of the synths blending in eg. It crossed my mind about contact lenses, and then they addressed it in the next episode.
    It?s only in this 4th episode I'm starting to take Jen seriously. In other episodes I kept waiting for her to burst out laughing or make a silly face.

Would we still have adaptions of The Killing, The Bridge and this if Stieg Larsson never hit it big? Are they good enough to stand up on their own or were we only looking in that direction because of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?

I?ve yet to watch but you can find the original at the usual places or stream from here ??kta m?nniskor aka Real Humans on Dailymotion

17. Xexx Well-Known Member

Xexx
    Ratings:
    +87
    I think episode 4 opened up some new potential areas for the show. The final 20 seconds surely raised some questions along with the whole "I saw life" scene. It immediately made me think of a form of skynet incoming.

18. kaid Well-Known Member

kaid
    Ratings:
    +178
    Even without the robots becoming sentient the show asks some interesting questions. Like the daughter going why bother doing good at school as there won't be any jobs open to use anything she learns and frankly if you can make robots that able to mimic human capability cheap enough people easily can afford them as a car your society is going to be in for some drastic changes.

19. Xexx Well-Known Member

Xexx
    Ratings:
    +87
    Recent episode was pretty good, gave alot of answers and ofcourse added more questions.

20. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +1,585
    Really love this series. That was a very powerful scene when Max was praying to God.

I fear this show is too cerebral for the average American viewer, though.

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database