Hyper Scape new battle royale from Ubisoft

spronk

FPS noob
battle royale has a new contender

download/etc link

Hyper Scape a new F2P battle royale from Ubisoft

Technical test is live today, streamers are playing and have keys. I got a key and playing, its a pretty small install (like 8 gigs) on uPlay on PC

www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Hyper%20Scape

Its extremely fast paced, visuals are a mix between Fortnite and Tron. Guns are all over the place, there are abilities, double jumps, low gravity modes, etc. Currently only one game mode is live, 3 player squad and I believe 33 squads per BR so 100 person BR.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ubisoft has one of the, if not THE worst record of FPS's. Fuck them.

This is like Realm Royale but first person and bad with less customization. The Twitch integration is novel, but didn't seem to do a whole lot much but maybe make viewers THINK they matter.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah this looked really good until I found out it was Ubisoft and I'd have to install uplay.

I wouldn't mind installing some bullshit proprietary client if the BR was some amazing game. The issue I have is it's ubi in general. I wouldn't trust them to bug fix, balance or give a shit about people having problems. They tend to shit out one product and move onto the next, leaving the old ones behind on the PC anyway.

I ADORED the splinter cell series for Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent for the multiplayer. CT was amazing and when DA came out, it was good. Except for the fun bugs such as

on PC they had zero idea how to write a functioning net code for lobby/matchmaking, so one person with the wrong NAT settings could actually block other people from joining. (to this day, still not fixed btw)

And on launch you had a ton of people from CT trying to play it. There was a very decent CT community wanting to try it. But if the clients of a game loaded faster than the lobby host, they would get disconnected with no way to reconnect. This wasn't fixed for I believe 3-4 months. So all of the people from CT that wanted to try it gave up and went back to CT.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ubisoft has one of the, if not THE worst record of FPS's. Fuck them.

This is like Realm Royale but first person and bad with less customization. The Twitch integration is novel, but didn't seem to do a whole lot much but maybe make viewers THINK they matter.

Meh, I like R6 Siege a lot. It's only of the better online FPS's. This game though still feels pretty early. Lirik said on stream today that the gun play seems off, and that Apex is better.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
If they can deliver siege quality, woot. The more quality br there is, the better.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Being forced to use the Ubisoft launcher along is enough for me to ignore it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They may have shitty matchmaking but they do at least cap shooter favor to 250ms or so. Unlike overwatch where some lagged out dude can shoot you through 3 walls.

spronk

FPS noob
it has a lot of twitch integration like viewers can somehow vote on what superpower (server wide) to grant for 15 seconds between circle shrinks, and the map is pretty cool and it has all the APEX stuff like visual ping aids, dunno if its new to BRs but you can also "power up" weapons by combining an existing weapon with the same type of drop. Some of the gravity/air stuff is pretty cool. still, i got pretty bored quickly. I bet if you are a streamer its fantastic since it plays well on any PC and the maps are big enough but i just don't see anything new or interesting here.

it should be open for another 2-3 days for closed beta, then off for a few days, then sometime in the next week or two it goes into "open beta" which is really just code for soft launch

Cybsled

The Twitch part reminds me of what they did with the Darwin Project BR. It was funny when major streamers would be playing and chat was like "VOTE HEAL SHROUD!!!!" to tip the scales lol

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Friends dragged me into it to fill the three man squad. I wouldn't say it's a horrible, but jumping the ubisoft loop of using the launcher is real shit. They need to go the EA/R6 route and just put it on steam as well.

Hitting max sniper headshots 1taps feel great, tracking with the sky force or the other is satisfying and the abilities make for some hilarious moments.

One games victory was literally me just cycling between Max Heal/Shield against a chain gun. And another victory was my friend donkey kong jumping silo to silo evading the enemies cd jump running down the crown clock.

Heavy Unreal Tournament vibes in BR format.. Honestly makes me wonder why they don't just make an Unreal Tournament BR because that's all that really was, spawn loot shoot spawn loot shoot.. Esp in the later additions where it started slipping away from arena shooter. All the characters were essentially 'teams"

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Open beta for this started yesterday. Anyone give it a try yet? Going to download it later tonight if I get time.