ShakyJake

<Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-04-23

Creator: Zach Kanin, Tim Robinson

Cast: Tim Robinson

Overview: There is no such thing as an ordinary interaction in this offbeat sketch comedy series that features a deep roster of guest stars.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This series was mentioned by the Red Letter Media guys. Like them, I had never heard of it. I checked out the first couple episodes and, my god, I found it hilarious. It's definitely my type of humor.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
His episode of The Characters is the best one by far. He's also cowrote Detroiters with Sam Richardson. If you like I think You Should Leave he's pretty consistent with his style and it's prevalent in all of his other projects. Even his stuff on SNL was great.

Detroiters (TV Series 2017–2018) - IMDb

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This show is great. A few of these were legitimately the hardest I have laughed at a show in years. The hot dog sneaking and sloppy steaks stand out for sure. There are definitely some misses in the sketches as well though, but they are so short it doesn't matter.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tim opening the door the wrong way was my favorite.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So this is the funniest sketch comedy show I've seen in ages.

HONK IF YOU'RE HORNY

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what to say. All I can think is "if dubstep was a sketch comedy show". I love it.

Edit: The old professor burger-luster is my favorite so far

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
To start with, I LOVED the above 2 skits, the door and small horse dick ranch.

But we sat down to the first episode, and it was just awful (aside from Coffin Flop). The weird skin suit skit that just peetered off, the odd 'little buff boys' uncomfortableness with 0 funny. The even more awkward haunted house tour.

Are the later episodes better?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i definitely think you need to be in the right mood for most of the series. a lot of it is REALLY dark, atypical humor. this is probably my favorite, not because it's overly funny, but because it's just so... odd. like there's no real context for it. you watch it as part of a comedy sketch show and it's not particularly funny, just bizarre. if you watch it without the comedy sketch, it's really pretty sad. but it IS part of a comedy sketch so the sad part of it is funny. but that's not really a funny concept, so it just causes the feedback loop of "what in the eff is going on"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A lot of sketch comedy shows rely too much on awkward situations. To the point they forget to actually make it funny. This is one of those shows.

Good sketch comedy tends to use relatable awkward situations that people actually experience and turns it into something we can all laugh at, cuz we get it, even if it's a little over the top. Bad sketch comedy thinks manufacturing some outlandish scenario and then throwing awkwardness on top of it is automatically funny. Its just lazy and boring and makes you cringe instead of laugh.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you haven't watched it, Detroiters is very good and is more comedy than this.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
S

But we sat down to the first episode, and it was just awful (aside from Coffin Flop). The weird skin suit skit that just peetered off, the odd 'little buff boys' uncomfortableness with 0 funny. The even more awkward haunted house tour.

Thats season 2 episode 1. Season 2 is 50/50

Season 1 doesnt have a weak skit that I can remember, go back and watch them first. Wiener mobile and baby of the year might be the funniest things Ive ever seen.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
A lot of sketch comedy shows rely too much on awkward situations. To the point they forget to actually make it funny. This is one of those shows.
You're not wrong. That's kind of why I said it reminds me of dubstep. It's just fucking absurd and cringey, but I still like it and have no idea why.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
S

Thats season 2 episode 1. Season 2 is 50/50

Season 1 doesnt have a weak skit that I can remember, go back and watch them first. Wiener mobile and baby of the year might be the funniest things Ive ever seen.

Thanks, no clue why they started me on S2, so I'll give S1 a shot =)

ShakyJake

<Donor>

Yeah, when I recommended this series I had only watched the first couple of episodes. The door skit, lawyer, and fart joke had me rolling. But, honestly, other than those 3 everything else fell flat.

Sorry!

TV show information provided by The Movie Database