Industry

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Industry

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2020-11-09

Creator: Mickey Down, Konrad Kay

Cast: Myha'la Herrold, Marisa Abela, Harry Lawtey, David Jonsson, Indy Lewis, Conor MacNeill, Ken Leung, Alex Alomar Akpobome, Katrine De Candole, Jay Duplass, Sonny Poon Tip, Adam Levy

Overview: In the cutthroat world of international finance, a group of young graduates compete for a limited set of permanent positions at a top investment bank in London. The boundaries between colleague, friend, lover, and enemy soon blur as they immerse themselves in a company culture defined as much by sex, drugs and ego as it is by deals and dividends.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I just watched first ep of S01, about to put on the second. It didn't captivate me but I don't have anything else to watch.

Has a diverse cast but diversity hiring is mocked in the first episode.

The setting of City of London finance/banking makes it feel like an episode of The Apprentice, but not the US Apprentice which is full of optimistic go-getters but the UK version. The UK version basically became how to find the most obnoxious roster of contestants possible. The City of London setting also injects a bit of the British class system with reference to Eton etc.

So far it seems a bit cliche. And first episode was directed by Lena fat gross hag Dunham

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched 3 episodes last night. It's kind of a younger version of Billions. Lots of sex, drugs etc

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched 3 episodes last night. It's kind of a younger version of Billions. Lots of sex, drugs etc
One of the things that made Billions worse is how hip it tries to be. “Younger” Billions is not a good thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
One of the things that made Billions worse is how hip it tries to be. “Younger” Billions is not a good thing

the core characters are graduates, so straight out of University. It's kinda like if the cast of Euphoria went to Ivy League schools then got a job on Wall Street, except based in London instead of NYC. There's a lot of dick and gay sex though. Normally I would think that's enough for FOH big brains to nope out of it, but seeing how much gay content is getting linked on Monkey Pox thread makes me think again

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I did all 8 episodes in two nights. Definitely a lot more watchable and bingeable than some of the shite I've started and not finished recently e.g Black Bird, The Old Man, Dark Waters.

Said at the start the characters were obnoxious but it becomes easier to empathise with them. There's no central protagonist as the show is based around a set of graduate hires, but some have more screen time than others. Female jogger won't win many popularity contests here.

Definitely worth watching. Doesn't feel fully like a HBO show, maybe it's the setting - kind of HBO lite, perhaps because it was a BBC co production.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Watched first ep of s2, this is a true "sleeper" hit despite being on HBO.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ll probably give this a go, but now I have the urge to watch Succession again.
1660240430861.gif

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m glad they are learning that season 1 biggest downfall was that there was just no story for most of it. Like it was just watching these kids fuck and so drugs for no reason. The episode and scene described in that article were good and these guys have done their research and show a trading floor well. The biggest problem I have is the New York vs London thing. London is the financial center of the world much more than NY is, any serious investment firm would never close a London office.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 2 finale was yesterday. I really do enjoy this show. Was glad to see

Harper finally get fucked over because she is like teflon in this show, always screwing others over and getting away with it

Will be interesting to see if they pick up S3 immediately after the finale or they do some sort of time jump like they did between S1 and S2.

• 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Season 2 finale was yesterday. I really do enjoy this show. Was glad to see

Harper finally get fucked over because she is like teflon in this show, always screwing others over and getting away with it

Will be interesting to see if they pick up S3 immediately after the finale or they do some sort of time jump like they did between S1 and S2.

Yeah, just watched it - solid 8/10 show. Infinitely more enjoyable than HOTD/ROP. I actually had a dream last night that I was discussing my favourite series with the creators of this, wtf is that about lmao

And agreed on the spoiler comments.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5 episodes in and its actually pretty good. Might as well call the show Sex Industry because thats all that happens.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database