1. So I have finally brought a new discord online and brought all the other ones to it. Guest please join us there for chat!

Once you click chat and join the sever you can link your Discord to the forum and get all the permissions you have here. Click here to link accounts.

Dismiss Notice

[Insert Location Here] Mass Shooting

Discussion in 'General' started by gLobal, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Vandyn Well-Known Member

Vandyn
    Ratings:
    +285
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Olebass I'm a lead farmer.
    DONOR

Olebass
    Ratings:
    +18,631
    • Solidarity Solidarity x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Picard Picard x 1
  3. jayrebb Well-Known Member

jayrebb
    Ratings:
    +911
    I hear that. And I am no LEO insider, but I thought the FBI was pretty good about grabbing all the tapes in mass casualty events for study? Its the first thing the FBI does. We know from 9/11 that the Pentagon tapes were seized from every gas station and only released 10-15? years later after a very long FOIA battle.

Just saying the people you think have access to the tapes, likely do not...At least not right now-- maybe not ever.

It's pretty foolish to discuss the tapes when none of us have any idea of who has taken custody of them. And we have no idea how early was custody taken on them, or who has seen them. I keep seeing the tapes get thumped by you guys, and it really doesn't make sense to me as an observer who has seen a lot of investigations where the tapes are very closely held.

Thumping the tapes just doesn't make sense at this juncture in the investigation, sorry guys.

#8303 jayrebb, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Woefully Inept Well-Known Member

Woefully Inept
    Ratings:
    +1,812
    #8304 Woefully Inept, Oct 11, 2017
    • Worf Worf x 1
  5. Olebass I'm a lead farmer.
    DONOR

Olebass
    Ratings:
    +18,631
    The other issue is tapes itself. These days and places like that it is all digital. So thumb drives, memory cards and files can be copied and spread/sent in minutes.
    It isn't like the old days where FBI shows up and they hand over the only VHS/Beta copy they had on hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Solidarity Solidarity x 1
  6. Lanx 周潤發
    DONOR

Lanx
    Ratings:
    +2,913
    da fuq???

did you read the article? this is horrible false title

guy didn't warn shit BEFORE anything happened, he was walking somewhere, shots fired, security guard said get down and the guy told the security guard, tell the hotel theres shooting here!

• Like Like x 4
  7. DONOR

Ambiturner
    Ratings:
    +1,510
    As far as cell phone video goes, there were tons of phones left at the venue. You'd occasionally hear one ringing for the first day or two.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrutulTM Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
    DONOR

BrutulTM
    Ratings:
    +1,552
    There's a million possible explanations for the phone charger. Maybe a previous guest left it in the room. Maybe housekeeping was charging their phone while they cleaned the room and left it. Maybe the hotel put it in the room. Maybe he just got a new phone and still had a charger for the old phone. Maybe he just kept it on hand for other people to use. I keep a charger for every type of phone my family has in my car and I would definitely consider taking them with me on a family vacation because I know I have family members that can't handle their shit. It's something to make note of if you're an investigator, but it's hardly proof of anything whatsoever and could have many completely insignificant explanations.

• Like Like x 4
  9. fanaskin Well known Agitator
    DONOR

fanaskin
    Ratings:
    +18,407
    they said they matched the charger to one of his multiple cell phones I believe.

#8309 fanaskin, Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. fanaskin Well known Agitator
    DONOR

fanaskin
    Ratings:
    +18,407
    yeah I don't buy the second gunman theory, it's literally based on recorded echoes and that's it.

I'm gonna need more than natural news man chalkboarding it out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lanx 周潤發
    DONOR

Lanx
    Ratings:
    +2,913
    What I want know us, why is there so few videos? 10k ppl we only have a handful of videos.

I've see break!!! And Worldstar!!! Where are the hundreds of millions angle shots?

• Solidarity Solidarity x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Del Active Member

Del
    Ratings:
    +292

Most here are obviously echoes but the shots at :45 clearly aren't echoes and they definitely sound a lot farther away than Paddock's. Has this been debunked?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sledge Active Member

Sledge
    Ratings:
    +299
    If he changed to the second window facing a different direction, the echo would sound a lot different due to the shape of that building.

• Solidarity Solidarity x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. zombiewizardhawk Well-Known Member

zombiewizardhawk
    Ratings:
    +2,520
    This was a country concert, not rap.

• Worf Worf x 3
  15. zombiewizardhawk Well-Known Member

zombiewizardhawk
    Ratings:
    +2,520
    The dude had 2 windows busted out on seperate sides of his corner suite... It's almost like walls and stuff can impact the volume of sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lanx 周潤發
    DONOR

Lanx
    Ratings:
    +2,913
    Worldstar don't discriminate!

• Like Like x 1
  17. jayrebb Well-Known Member

jayrebb
    Ratings:
    +911
    On a corner, just about equidistant from end to end. 1,900 square feet, and mostly a sprawling chickenwing design, in other words, it wasn't just a corner suite-- it was fucking huge.

There are other ways to build a 2nd shooter theory, but the sounds aren't one of them despite the push this is receiving on social media-- not from my perspective anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Del Active Member

Del
    Ratings:
    +292
    No shit, Sherlock. But to the degree of dozens of decibels when the difference in angle of the windows is 45 degrees at best and the difference in distance is maybe 20 yards or so? Not sure I buy that. Gunshots don't get muffled that easily in my experience with them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Woefully Inept Well-Known Member

Woefully Inept
    Ratings:
    +1,812
    Those cameras should have some good footage.

vvlgr5fqe7rz.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Picard Picard x 1
  20. Hateyou Active Member

Hateyou
    Ratings:
    +176
    • Like Like x 1
    • Worf Worf x 1