15d 17h 22m
Reactions
6,984 894 0 0

Vandyn

Molten Core Raider
4d 11h 9m
Reactions
834 241 0 0
I've heard two different stories, was the bouncer/security guard at this club armed? I know I read there were 3 off duty officers inside but they were unarmed.

mkopec

<Donors Crew>
19d 20h 11m
Reactions
17,342 522 0 0
Well typically youre not supposed to conceal carry in a bar. not sure if this involves cops, but I dont know why it would not.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
13d 10h 15m
Reactions
686 36 0 0
Depends on the stage too. In Texas, if 51% of the business is derived from booze you aren’t supposed to carry.

mkopec

<Donors Crew>
19d 20h 11m
Reactions
17,342 522 0 0
So here is what im wondering. Lets say yorue some off duty cop and carrying in a bar like that. some mass shoter comes in, offs a few people, but before he can off some more you shoot him. Do you get charged for carrying while drunk? Or are you hailed as a hero for saving countless more lives?

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
35d 22h 2m
Reactions
16,067 1,323 0 0
So here is what im wondering. Lets say yorue some off duty cop and carrying in a bar like that. some mass shoter comes in, offs a few people, but before he can off some more you shoot him. Do you get charged for carrying while drunk? Or are you hailed as a hero for saving countless more lives?
You potentially lose your job (according to an episode of Blue Bloods)

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
16d 14h 40m
Reactions
3,425 608 0 0
You'd just get a slap on the wrist most likely.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
<Donors Crew>
13d 10h 15m
Reactions
686 36 0 0
Depends on the state, if they want to charge you or not.

Had a thought as I was watching Swalwell on Fox today...he's complaining about gun laws only being as effective as your neighbors' (complaining specifically about Arizona), and how they have such a "porous" border, so they cant enforce their laws.

Same guy who says there is no need for a wall with Mexico. /boggle

Lambourne

Trakanon Raider
9d 20h 10m
Reactions
1,357 49 0 0
Oh I completely agree, but this rebuttal doesn't disprove my point. USA gun violence rates are insane, regardless of mass shooting, lone wolf, inner city gangs, or whatever. View attachment 182295

Czech Republic is always interesting in these statistics in that it has very permissive gun laws, it's basically shall issue after you pass a test demonstrating you know how to safely handle a gun. Even allows private ownership of full auto rifles in some cases. It's completely in line with other European countries in gun homicide rate though.

Gun laws in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
16d 14h 40m
Reactions
3,425 608 0 0
You mean a cop drama took creative license with the truth to entertain me instead of boring me with cold hard reality?!?
In Nevada it's only a misdemeanor. We had something similar happen involving a robbery and the officer was extremely intoxicated.

He got a minor suspension more because he had been driving around all day and was still shitfaced when they drew his blood several hours later. If it had been an active shooter situation, i doubt he'd have had any discipline at all

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
35d 22h 2m
Reactions
16,067 1,323 0 0
In Nevada it's only a misdemeanor. We had something similar happen involving a robbery and the officer was extremely intoxicated.

He got a minor suspension more because he had been driving around all day and was still shitfaced when they drew his blood several hours later. If it had been an active shooter situation, i doubt he'd have had any discipline at all
Yeah one of the premises of Blue Bloods is that a cop-hating public demands that the book be thrown at any cop who makes any mistake, and then more often than not Commissioner Reagan says 'yeah thats great and all but this is my house'

wormie

<Donors Crew>
35d 21h 44m
Reactions
5,849 600 0 0
Those men obviously haven't read the GG thread. If they had, those women would have made excellent shields.

Lord Nagafen Raider
17d 21h 13m
Reactions
2,288 56 0 0
all those California gun laws didn't save anyone there. But a few conceal carries would have made all the difference. Once confronted, these fagnuts typically eat a bullet quick.

Cybsled

Vyemm Raider
6d 9h 24m
Reactions
2,431 703 0 0
It is worth repeating that there is a reason most states, even the most gun friendly ones, ban firearms in places that primarily serve booze.

Alcohol + gun = you don't get mass shootings, but you get lots of drunk dumbshits exercising poor judgement on when a firearm is needed and probably much more deaths over the course of a year.