INSIDE

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Didn't see a thread about this game, so I thought I'd post one. Simply put, one of the best games I've ever played. It's from the same guys who did Limbo (another great game that you should play if you haven't already).
INSIDE Trailer E3 2014 - YouTube

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks good - but also looks like it will be a free game at some point on Xbox One (Or hopefully PS4). $19.99 for what appears to be a game about 2 and a half hours long at most.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Looks good - but also looks like it will be a free game at some point on Xbox One (Or hopefully PS4). $19.99 for what appears to be a game about 2 and a half hours long at most.
Limbo took me about 7 hours to beat, and was like $10. Inside took me almost 16 hours to beat, and I had to look a few of the puzzles up online to solve them, so it would've taken even longer had I not done that. It's totally worth the twenty bucks. The story in the game and the atmosphere is better than any movie that will come out this year, and you don't have to spend $10 on popcorn while playing it at home!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
How in the world did it take you 16 hours to beat this game when it took everyone else 3?

Game Length 2 Hours? :: INSIDE General Discussions

Non speed runs are 4 hours.Inside game length? : xboxoneand that is with full achievements.

Did you mean to say 1.6 hours? Or were you heavily impaired on a fun substance?
I played it for a few hours a night over three nights, so 16 may have been off by a few hours. However, if anyone is saying they beat the game in under 4 hours, then they cheated by looking up the puzzles online. Some of the puzzles are damn hard to solve, but the game would be a cakewalk if you just looked up all the solutions online while you played it. Since most gamers nowadays cheat, my guess is that most of the gamers who said they beat the game in under three hours cheated.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
They probably watched someone on twitch beat it in 4 hours while chat looked up the solutions.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I cannot imagine these puzzles being difficult for anyone with .000006% of their brain working. We used to have to think back in the day with 7th Guest. THOSE were REAL puzzles.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Um yeah, I just played through the game, beat it in about 3 and a half hours, though I wasted some time trying to find secrets. One of my complaints was how easy all of the puzzles were, I don't think I was ever stumped more than 2 or 3 minutes by any puzzle, and I didn't alt tab a single time. The game is 100% beautiful, and I was just totally absorbed by the story... until it just ended. Nothing revealed or explained. Left a sour taste for sure.

It's a great game experience, but yeah, I would now suggest waiting for a sale before recommending it. Hell, I was excited to have my GF play through it as soon as I get home, but after finishing it, I don't think I will even mention it. It was just a massive awesome buildup with no payoff in the end.
frown.png

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Um yeah, I just played through the game, beat it in about 3 and a half hours, though I wasted some time trying to find secrets. One of my complaints was how easy all of the puzzles were, I don't think I was ever stumped more than 2 or 3 minutes by any puzzle, and I didn't alt tab a single time. The game is 100% beautiful, and I was just totally absorbed by the story... until it just ended. Nothing revealed or explained. Left a sour taste for sure.

It's a great game experience, but yeah, I would now suggest waiting for a sale before recommending it. Hell, I was excited to have my GF play through it as soon as I get home, but after finishing it, I don't think I will even mention it. It was just a massive awesome buildup with no payoff in the end.
frown.png
The ending was a bit of a let down, but I wasn't expecting a super satisfying ending after beating Limbo, which was equally anticlimactic.

Szlia

Just played through that.

These guys need to find a couple people to add to their staff who are able to write a somewhat coherent and satisfying story and who are able to point at the moments where the puzzle design does not mesh well with the story world. If they find these two people, they will deliver some of the very best video games ever, because they have just about everything else on lock. The visual design, the animations, the sound design, the variety in gameplay and clever level design are all top notch and they manage to keep a level of tension, awe and wtf-ness through the game that is almost unparalleled.

The game is somewhere between Another World and Oddworld. A little platform and a little puzzle in a nightmarish dystopia.