Intouchables

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
First I've heard of it. I'm taking care of my wife who just sprained her ankle so this is the next movie we're goign to watch.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
First I've heard of it. I'm taking care of my wife who just sprained her ankle so this is the next movie we're goign to watch.
Bro shouldn't be pushin' women downstairs, unless their prego and need your help.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I think a lot of people will dismiss this movie just for being french, but it's definitely worth a watch. It mixes the funny/serious sides well and has good pacing. I wasn't bored throughout even though the whole movie is just about these two learning to get along. It's not sappy and there's no overt scenes where it shovels "this is the part where you feel sad", "this is the part where you cry" in your face. I laughed a lot, especially the opera scene and would recommend the movie to anyone whether you watch foreign films or not.

Nice touch to see the real people in the credits.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit looks good, thanks for putting this up here, gonna have to watch that.

Szlia

This has been a huge success in France. Both actors are very very good in it, Cluzet dealing blows with cold sarcasm and Sy being greater than life with a communicative energy, so the comedy works well and often. Often enough in fact that you can almost forget and forgive the bland film-making and, more importantly, the terrifying discourse of the movie (a lot of the humor stems from the fact Sy's character is in an almost pre-social state and thrown into french high society, so he is literally the good savage, there is an atrocious part about contemporary art too and then there is the fact that money is never even once addressed).

At least I could forget and forgive, but there was a vitriolic piece in Variety at the time of the film's french release where the author just did not understand how it was possible to make such a racist movie in the XXIst century and was horrified that it could get such acclaim and success. The guy had some good points and some weak ones (like the fact Sy is black while his real life counterpart - as it's a "true story" - is an arab from northern Africa).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So it's likeThe Sessions, except instead of Helen Hunt treating him with vagina it's a big black dude treating him with heartwarming bonding?

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
The movie is fantastic, i normally don't care much for french movies, well because i don't understand french and that makes it difficult for me to stay invested in the movie while trying to read the subtitles.

I really don't understand the racism thing though, yes its about a rich white guy and a slightly anti social ex con, black guy from the french slums. Its easy to pull the racism card, but in fact it's.....well....real life. Sy was an anti social northern african guy, cluzet was a rich white guy, and all cultural differences that come to light in that relationship were adressed, in a very painful truth. But, credit where credit's due. It's not a one way street they pull into, they do not try to change Sy. In a lot of ways Sy changes the way Cluzet and his staff are thinking. All changes Sy does are perfectly on his own accord. He tries to understand modern art by taking up painting.

And to be honest, if you take he average white kid to an opera you would get stupid comments too, they wouldn't understand either. I do a ton of painting, and in no way shape or form do i understand modern art, where someone accidentally brushed red over a green canvas and says " it's the artists way of depicting how life conflicts with fantasy but doesn'ot clash in the way this red stroke hits the green.....

I will just walk away and grab a beer.