Invasion

spronk

FPS noob
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Invasion

First aired: 2021-10-22

Creator: Simon Kinberg, David Weil

Overview: TV Series inspired by HG Wells' 'War of the Worlds'.

spronk

FPS noob
based on HG Wells War of the Worlds, an alien invasion of Earth show

begins Oct 22nd, only on Apple TV+. They drop shows weekly.

I'm a huge sucker for alien invasion shows, even though it was corny as hell at times I loved Falling Skies. This feels similar, with a more "how is the whole world dealing with it" vibe.

I eagerly await to see how Muslims deal with infidels from space

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
they are also doing a Foundation series with the dude from Mad Men / Chernobyl, lot of scifi coming up on Apple TV

faille

Molten Core Raider
Starts this week.
I'm a sucker for this sort of story so I'll be in for sure. Hope it's not terrible.

spronk

FPS noob
Apple earns around $1 million per minute or around $120 million in profit per day. Tossing around $5b a year on TV is literally couch change for them. It is funny reading about how Hollywood hates/loves working with them. They don't do critics streaming screeners, instead critics have to come to an Apple special office where they are lead to a room and have to watch a TV show on an apple laptop, lol

I look forward to this, Foundation has been pretty disappointing so hopefully this is better. The aliens (?) look neat, reminded me of Arrival

spronk

FPS noob
first 3 episodes have dropped on Apple TV+, will be 10 episodes total 1 per week (till Dec 10th). gonna watch this weekend, its bonkers Sci Fi weekend with Dune, Invasion, and Foundation

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Already a lot of low ratings on imdb for this, was about to give it a watch but decided to check reviews first.
Foundation sucks.
Dune was ok.

spronk

FPS noob
watched the 3 aired episodes, I'd just wait until all 10 air. In 3 hours of runtime only been around 2 mins of really cool "whoah... what the fuck just happened". Its 95% interpersonal drama that is pretty mediocre. Decent characters (except for Ahmed the idiot husband, lol) and I like the globe trotting aspect of the show but I'm pretty indifferent to whether any of them live or die.

Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) is the standout but he's in the show for maybe 10 mins of episode 1 and thats it. Whole show feels pretty bait and switchy right now, its less alien invasion and more "people dealing with other shitty people".

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I thought the first 2 episodes were really great. I think we're supposed to hate the douchebag husband, they laid it on pretty thick. I just hope they dont give him a redemption arc, just have him be a piece of shit who eventually dies. Aside from him I really like most of the characters.

I'm ok with slow reveal, so far it does seem like they've giving us tiny sci fi teasers. Good teasers, but they better expand as things go on.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
By the way, anyone remember the mid-2000s ABC series by the same name? Started out slow as shit, became pretty darn good, and then promptly cancelled.

• 3Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
By the way, anyone remember the mid-2000s ABC series by the same name? Started out slow as shit, became pretty darn good, and then promptly cancelled.
Was about to ask if this was a remake of it, but I'm guessing not. That show was good when it got rolling.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
After 3 episodes the reveals arent expanding. Still impressed with writing and acting but if they don't get into the actual sci fi part soon this shit is gonna crash and burn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this is more 'Signs' than 'Alien'. It's interpersonal drama with vaguely sci-fi things going on in the background.

I find it entertaining though, can't really say why.

In the tiniest of spoilers though, I find alien invasion significantly more plausible than anyone walking away from that bus crash.

• 3Like

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Haha, yea, all those annoying kids should be dead and the show would be better for it.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This isn't bad. Worth watching if you already have Apple TV for Foundation.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database