Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Too many people who feel that way are already out of the market. Everyone in cash waiting for a lower low or at least a retest. Meanwhile we can rally on lower volume as people with a longer term outlook put money to work. If it rallies enough we'll get FOMO going and it could be the setup necessary for the another decline. Still a lot of unknowns out there, peoples behavior when going back to work, how does the govt respond to further flare ups, bi partisan relief bills becoming more difficult to pass, and elections.

It is always frustrating to have the talking heads telling people to avoid buying the dip then months later after it's rallied 20-30% they will tell people it's time to buy. I wouldn't stress it too much we have plenty of red and green days ahead of us.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
JP Morgan: The worst is yet to come!

Morgan Stanley: The worst is over!

And we're supposed to trust our money with these clowns? Both articles literally right next to each other too.

For every buyer there has to be a seller.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can already see I am going to regret not buying more MSFT at the bottom. How dare I obey my self-instituted portfolio weight caps on individual stocks. 😡

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today is either a massive short squeeze or a rip that is way too tempting to not sell. I would have preferred an up day just a whee bit smaller.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Today is either a massive short squeeze or a rip that is way too tempting to not sell. I would have preferred an up day just a whee bit smaller.

We are right at the resistance level, if it manages to punch through you'll see a lot more short covering. If Spy breaks 264 it will move pretty quickly to gap fill at 273s

Pops

Hard to buy on these up days. Boris kicking the bucket could trigger another sell off.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They just announced the Fed is going to allow banks to offload their PPP loans onto the Fed balance sheet for cash. The Fed printing press kicking it into overdrive.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They just announced the Fed is going to allow banks to offload their PPP loans onto the Fed balance sheet for cash. The Fed printing press kicking it into overdrive.
Thats because Wells Fargo came out earlier and said they are suspending their PPP loans due to balance sheet issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"He's going ballistic Mav"

1441341204-top-gun-maverick-and-goose-quotes-i13.jpg

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We are right at the resistance level, if it manages to punch through you'll see a lot more short covering. If Spy breaks 264 it will move pretty quickly to gap fill at 273s
Capture.JPG

Was so painfully obvious the shorts would have their stops right at that level.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Man, really should have bought on Friday lol. Wonder how many people are buying rope on wallstreetbets right about now.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Today really felt like some irrational exhuberance along with a bit of short squeeze. There's probably a lot of people with a mountain of puts and shorts that are staring down the barrel of their investments going to 0$

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Hey guys, when in doubt make sure you trust Fidelity's website recommendations.

Screenshot_20200406-205722_Fidelity.jpg

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

I would like to thank the witchcraft that has helped me become a millionaire. This rally has been trading on the techn...witchcraft to a scary level of accuracy. Entering a range that is likely to be resistance. Not waiting for open will watch how market handles it and respond accordingly. Need to see how strong the Fear of Missing out is, we have way too many wanting lower, strong rallies will bring that number down. We may see down if enough become positioned to be hurt by that move. So important to keep an open mind to all possible outcomes and respond to what you see happening.
Capture.JPG

Disclaimer, as mentioned previously, this type of short term trading is a not a replacement for solid long term investing. So many people are doomed to failure trying this that I'm hesitant to talk about trading vs investing. Know your limits.

• 4Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would like to thank the witchcraft that has helped me become a millionaire. This rally has been trading on the techn...witchcraft to a scary level of accuracy. Entering a range that is likely to be resistance. Not waiting for open will watch how market handles it and respond accordingly. Need to see how strong the Fear of Missing out is, we have way too many wanting lower, strong rallies will bring that number down. We may see down if enough become positioned to be hurt by that move. So important to keep an open mind to all possible outcomes and respond to what you see happening.
View attachment 260133

Disclaimer, as mentioned previously, this type of short term trading is a not a replacement for solid long term investing. So many people are doomed to failure trying this that I'm hesitant to talk about trading vs investing. Know your limits.

As a longterm investor who as of this crisis can say I occasionally dabble in trading. I don't partake in this as I simply cannot devote that much time to do it effectively. But I sure do like reading about it. I made ~$3k off D/B and other than that whatever. Maybe I am messing up here waiting for another down but... I can't help but think it's coming. If it doesn't show it's head in like 3 months I'll just go back to what I was doing in the first place. Of the cash I had on hand I spent 60% on the way down and got some bargains near the bottom that we have seen so far. So overall I'm cool with it. I'll shore up some more cash for the next 3 months and see what happens.

IDK man I wouldn't feel bad if you somehow draw people in to blow their life savings trying to trade. Caveat Emptor and all that and Wallstreetbets does exactly this by the thousands.