Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Investing use to be a lot harder when the market could go up or down, for those millennials out there that means the price would be lower than it was previously (look it up, use to happen)

original_108201226.PNG

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
My boyfriend has cancer and is ineligible for life insurance for a long time. So I was thinking about getting some whole life insurance. Anyone have strong opinions on this vs term life insurance?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My boyfriend has cancer and is ineligible for life insurance for a long time. So I was thinking about getting some whole life insurance. Anyone have strong opinions on this vs term life insurance?

Sorry to hear that, what is the goal of the insurance? Whole Life rarely would outperform simply saving/investing.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I swear to fucking God, man. I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for a correction for months and just recently said, 'fuck it', and bought some ETF shares. I KNEW this was going to happen as soon as I bought anything.

So, yeah, my fault. Sorry guys.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So try to figure out bottom and then dump share call into my 401k or finally open a vanguard eh?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You know what I mean, like a week of fairly leveled out rather than in midst of free fall. Not perfect rock bottom. Going by the assumption that we arnt hitting a big recession, as an uninformed first timer I just wonder if drop is big enough to make it a good time to put money in.

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Market to me is too high. When it comes to investing now, I wait for a bubble pop or recession. They happen every 15 to 20 years without fail. Look at bank of America 5 years ago around 11 dollars and now close to 40. That made me 30k .I wait until the market takes a dive and really invest. Playing the market right now for me is foolish. I'll wait for another crisis.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The media is so disingenuous. Saw a teaser for the news about "the stock market (DJIA?) had the single biggest daily drop in history" ignoring the fact that as a percentage that's not even remotely close.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Fuckers on CNBC this morning going on about how this was a necessary adjustment as the DOW was too high. Same assholes a week ago were circle jerking each other about the sky being the limit with the DOW. I hate investment news.