Investing General Discussion

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Dipped my toe into the crypto markets last week. I have about 3k worth of Tronix and 2k worth of Etherium. I am going to convert the ETH into TRX and just hold it for a few years.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
meh get VET instead...they are going to destroy the rest of the market because they are going the enterprise route versus trying to appeal directly to your grandma who doesn't know how to turn on a computer much less deal with something as complex as blockchain/crypto

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isn't TRX only usable on "entertainment purchases"? Like movies and music? Why would you buy into that?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I bought Tilray at the perfect time and sold it after making 25% like an asshole. It’s up around 300% since. Trying the chronic CRON

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Wish this thread was more active. Seems the major U.S. Indexes are up a good 20 percent for the last 12 months. No end in sight, is a crash "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER"? I've grown more and more acute of retirement and wanting, needing to retire early on the back half of middle age. I suppose the safest thing to do is just keep the 401k in low fee indexes and fire/forget, correct? I have a friend who has been thinking the market was going to implode for 2 years now and has kept his money in "safe" bond type investments that have made near jack shit.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Wish this thread was more active. Seems the major U.S. Indexes are up a good 20 percent for the last 12 months. No end in sight, is a crash "RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER"? I've grown more and more acute of retirement and wanting, needing to retire early on the back half of middle age. I suppose the safest thing to do is just keep the 401k in low fee indexes and fire/forget, correct? I have a friend who has been thinking the market was going to implode for 2 years now and has kept his money in "safe" bond type investments that have made near jack shit.

When the market is going to roll over there will be signs, people have been scared of this market since 2013 and have missed massive gains. Long term moving averages look nothing like 2008 or 2000, we are a forward PE in the high teens. No doubt a down turn will come but setting new highs is not bearish it's bullish that more highs will follow.

Investor survey's show no signs of t he bullish levels we see at market tops, fear is still prevalent. When people who never talk about stocks start talking about jumping in, if this thread starts getting tons of posts about making big bank, like bitcoin last year then it may be time to start becoming more cautious. Look up Chris Ciovacco on youtube and watch some exciting videos of 50 years of charts to understand just how large secular trends are.

The market break out in 2013 was a major move after a very long period of consolidation following the 1982-2000 bull market. 1996-7 range seems most analogous to where we currently stand which means we may see another 100% before the exuberance and excess truly froths over. The Fed (Interest Rates) will eventually kill this rally like all bull markets but we are quite away from that tipping pt IMO. That doesn't mean there won't be cyclical corrections but for people trying to retire it's very dangerous to time cyclical moves, they happen very fast and the recover just as quickly.

People looking to retire do indeed need to be concerned about secular trends but those decisions should be made slowly and diligently, and in an educated manner. Watching long averages like the 20 month average, you have to look past the noise of day to day price action. Read back in this thread every once in awhile we get a guy who just knows it's all about to crash and we are fucked and they are the smartest guy in the room, and that was about 30-40% ago.

Just remember fear sells, watch the price action the market is sending you the message, trade fears all year, new market highs. Trump drama, new market highs. Brexit! new market highs.

I don't post here often but I do follow this thread, I care enough about this community knowing we are all near each other in age if I see strong signs this secular bull trend is ending I absolutely will do what I can to talk about it hopefully in a concise manner without chicken little drama.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Seems like AMD is a good buy for this year then into the next two years at minimum. I'll consider taking a bite of that.

It's funny that if you bought when you posted this on June 26th, it's value would now be more than double what you paid.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's funny that if you bought when you posted this on June 26th, it's value would now be more than double what you paid.
At this point I only have one question; what do I make my vanity plate for my 2019 Tacoma?

THXLISA

or

THXAMD

?

agripa

Molten Core Raider

JP Morgan is predicting a crash in 2020. It could come sooner due to Tariffs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't see where the money goes if the stock market crashes.

Bonds were in a 30-40 year bubble and it came crashing down with the great recession. The returns on bonds are so shit right now that no smart investor would move their money from stocks to bonds.

So where does it go?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Kiplinger had a good article this month about economic bellwethers that tend to show up before a recession. Of the five or six that they presented, the only one that was mildly concerning is that the housing market appears to be slowing, which could be generational; I and many other millennials are not particularly interested in housing purchases (in my case, I'd rather focus on wealth generation than tie it up in something that historically only breaks even with inflation). Consumer confidence and the rest of the indicators were all positive to neutral.

Last edited:

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I just don't see where the money goes if the stock market crashes.

Bonds were in a 30-40 year bubble and it came crashing down with the great recession. The returns on bonds are so shit right now that no smart investor would move their money from stocks to bonds.

So where does it go?

992f1a5e-a570-48a2-b600-77b881080ba8.png

The internet of value was born 2 days ago. Dont listen to Khane

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I got a tip on this crypto that is going public in the next few days. Honestly I tend to stay away from Bitcoin and all that shit but maybe because it was recommended by a colleague I went ahead and dumped a couple of g into it. I figured I would put in something small enough I wouldn't be super upset if it went the way of Bitconnect and scammed out billions never to be seen again.

Home Page | preCharge PING Blockchain

Either way anyone heard of this company? They seem to be set up to accept payments through some pretty large companies.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Muh AMD!

Should sold at $34, but im long for 7nm Zen and if I sold then id have a $7500 tax bill.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well I've always made money overall going long. No reason to freakout now. Time to buy some more stuff!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user