Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hope this correction is over and we're back to business as usual - Just bought some amazon at 1730 this morning, hopefully it steadily gets back to 2k+

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm pretty close to yanking a lot of my investments, this past month has been brutal.

Edit: obviously it has for many, but shit man...

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Amzn 1,787.40+123.20 (+7.40%)

goooo Amazon!

Amd 19.07-3.72 (-16.32%)

... goooo Amd!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
2 more bucks and I’ll be losing on my AMD, wtf is going on over there?

People underestimated how much of the boost was from bitcoin mining, so growth not what people were hoping for. They still appear to be in a position to gain market share but the market is not in a forgiving mood right now, both amazon and google just gave back a 4% and 7% boost today after their earnings even though they were good reports, but expectations are extremely high.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
znM2eCS.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Obviously the answer is to accrue more debt and keep rolling the dice on cryptocurrency.

Arbiter

Pelvic Sorcerer
<Silver Donator>
Not sure how many folks follow the crypto market, but this guy does seem to have some decent commentary on daily events and different coins....

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
2 more bucks and I’ll be losing on my AMD, wtf is going on over there?
General tech stock down turn coupled with less revenue due to cryptobubble popping.

Doesnt matter, AMD is improving every quarter side from crypto downturn and 7nm Zen is shaping up to be a phenomenal chip and thats all that matters as Intel has no answer to it for the next year and a half at a minimum. AMD should be releasing all the details about it at CES in January.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hey you can buy JcPenny stock for around $1/share now. Buy now before it becomes a penny stock. I'll be here all week.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meant to start my own vanguard account, but with new employer they use vanguard.

12% of my paycheck going into it w/ the agency matching that 12%.

I have like 20k in my existing jobs shitty 401k I assume I can transfer somehow?

Seems I have 4 profile options for vanguard. Leaning towards the stock heavier ones. Basically a 80/20 stock bond or 60/40 split. (From looking at 10 year average, the 60/40 of all of them seems to be the higher steady average, while the 80/20 see's some glorious years but plenty of ones that are as lean or leaner than a nearly pure bond plan)

Wut do so I can retire and not be a 65 year old cop. (Early 30's)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you have the option of the Target retirement? They would help with that decision because they will simply make that incremental move towards bonds as you get older, based on how long you are from retirement.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They also have american century or something with 20 options and kinda a lot to look at. I just knew everyone likes vanguard. I had a targeted date with my old 401k, basically did the same thing I'm going for start high stocks and nearing retirement transition into safe less rewarding stuff.

The vanguards are like Lifetime: Earnings, conservative growth, moderate growth, growth.

Other than taking the 12% matching and running w/ that, I imagine anything further I should do would be paying down my property. A few years into a mortgage now but we'll be trying to buy some land and build/put prefab down or possibly find a suitable house in the boonies. Figure that would be a good time to pay down faster and get the big savings I'm always told that is over life of loan.