Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Read a few days ago vitamin D makes it essentially non lethal...

It should be over now, but it's political. So we might be in lockdown for another year

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pussy :p

Seriously though, I will just tell you to do what I do. Look for value. Every day. I have been moving more and more of my cash position into SPACS at the entry price of $10 not because they are great but because until a merger the money is sitting in escrow and I don't concern myself with a crash since I have a floor. If I make some profit on it while it sits there then bonus great. Most of the SPACS like this I am in are up 3-5% so to me thats just found money.

Maybe I'm just mentally prepping for the inevitable crash and my long term items to have giant red numbers everywhere

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Seems like the market is happy that the GOP has the 50 votes for a nominee. Not that it cares about the Justice, but that there shouldn't be uncertainty about the vote.
AMZN being up 5% sure doesnt hurt either.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the short papa Elon!

Quickest 1200 bucks I've ever made.

TSLA.JPG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So, just so you guys know. This thread is starting to become no different than /r/wallstreetbets. This is becoming a great place to come to, to figure out what the fuck to stay away from.

Sanrith, for your own sanity, knock it off with the reverse merger SPACs and IPO watches.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That's likely due to euphoria from the never ending run up...

And typing that kind of scares me

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So, just so you guys know. This thread is starting to become no different than /r/wallstreetbets.
I mortgaged my house and rented my children out to some picnic for the Queen of England all to go long on PLTR today boys. Wish me luck.

For real though I'm curious to see what the price does today. I'd like to get in, but I have to wonder if it will balloon out of control like other recent IPO's have or if it will be a bit cooler due to the volume being listed + markets slowing down. Last estimate I saw was $11.50-$15 when it gets listed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure it will surge with momentum. Like most anticipated IPOs lately. This is just momentum day traders hoping for a quick profit. Unless you can get in right out the gate, I suggest letting the dust settle a while before buying in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It seems to have an awful lot of hype surrounding it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I learned something today in regard to SPACS. Some SPACs are no longer automatically closing the Units IPO and converting to shares and warrants automatically. They make it a manual request and they keep the Units IPO open. Additionally, some SPACs are charging a fee to do this conversion. I personally will avoid any SPAC doing this because it smells of penny stock shenanigans. So read the S1 filings carefully if you are looking to invest in new SPACs.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPACS

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SPACS

Yep. As I have said many times here, the real money to be made in most SPACs is pre-merger. Don't get greedy looking for the next DKNG homerun. 20-40% return from initial IPO of the units to merger announcement is pretty commonplace. Don't be a hog. Take the 20-40% and walk away a fat pig. I bailed out on VTIQ/NKLA on merger vote day as soon as the votes were counted and it spiked to about $40. I made close to 300% profit. Never once did I look back and go "man I dun goofed and should have road this to the moon". Triple my money in a month is the moon. SHLL I more than doubled my money. Same thing.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
Anyone here catch that SPI run lol? Up 2500% as of 1:50 today. Opened around 4, halted again at 27.27. They announced today they are launching an electric vehicle subsidiary.