Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon reported earnings after the bell Thursday. Here are the results.

• Earnings: $12.37 vs $7.41 per share expected, according to analysts surveyed by Refinitiv
  • Revenue: $96.15 billion vs $92.7 billion expected, according to analysts surveyed by Refinitiv

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GOOG:
EPS 16.40 vs 11.21 est
Rev 46.17b vs 42.88b

AMZN:
EPS 12.37 vs 7.41
Rev 96.15B vs 92.70B

FB:
EPS 2.71 v 1.94
Rev 21.5B vs 19.9B

watch the head fakes on the initial moves after hours.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Palantir Technologies Inc.(PLTR) announced today that results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2020 will be released on Thursday, November 12, 2020, after the close of the U.S. markets. The company will host a conference call to discuss its results at 3:00pm MT / 5:00pm ET.

Wish I had known that before I sold Nov 20th calls.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Both FB and AMZN trading lower after initial spike upwards. GOOG is holding its spike upwards.

AAPL trading lower pending earnings after seeing FB and AMZN move lower after big beats. They should have seen this coming with the MSFT and V moves lower on double beats.

Fuck AAPL and their 4:30pm earnings reports. They gotta be "special".

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TWTR misses on earnings and stock gets pummeled. Down 17%. Fuck you Jack.

edit: I hadnt noticed TWTR was up 8% on the day as everyone was "sure" it was going to beat expectations. So those saps buying at the top are now caught down 25% if they cant trade after hours.

1604011107186.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Trump
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL:
EPS 0.73 vs 0.70
REV 64.7B vs 63.7B
Stock getting assfucked. Down 5% and falling.

I hate when I am right sometimes. Those are some skin of the teeth results.

Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Twitter earned more money than they thought they would, but that dropoff in user growth was pretty huge. Could their overtly hostile policies toward right leaning people be having a noticeable effect on active users? I've predicted before and will predict again that I think they are a strong candidate for the internet company most likely to totally implode in the coming years, and this is just more blood in the water.

Trump winning again is probably really bad for their outlook.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So if we have another drop, whats everyones magic buy in numbers? QQQ and SPY are around 2-4% away from support levels as it is

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So for anyone with an interest and an hour to kill, I am taking a class on Financial Markets and Institutions for my MBA this semester. This lecture is about Efficient Market Hypothesis. Its high level and pretty easy to follow. One reason I mention it is when discussing market anomalies, he discusses "Post-earnings drift" Which is a study of how stock prices react in the days following their earnings announcements. Since we are in earnings season Its probably worth your time if you are in this thread and doing your own investing.
ps.. The professor is not just a scholar, he was a market analyst before he began teaching.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
PLTR
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Palantir Technologies Inc.(PLTR) announced today that results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2020 will be released on Thursday, November 12, 2020, after the close of the U.S. markets. The company will host a conference call to discuss its results at 3:00pm MT / 5:00pm ET.

Wish I had known that before I sold Nov 20th calls.

oh this is good, I thought we'd get no earnings calls until next year. Hope they have good news so this thing can moon. Still too many feel its fake/vapor/whatever.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
oh this is good, I thought we'd get no earnings calls until next year. Hope they have good news so this thing can moon. Still too many feel its fake/vapor/whatever.
Not so good for me. I sold calls expiring on the 20th at a $12 strike.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So if we have another drop, whats everyones magic buy in numbers? QQQ and SPY are around 2-4% away from support levels as it is
Blazin Blazin is the house expert but here is what I am looking at.
QQQ It broken through the 50 DMA and the 200 DMA is way down at $233. It currently has bounced at support at $273. If that fails to hold I see the next support down around $250 - $260 and that is where I will put some money to work.

1604020746722.png

SPY
It has support at $321. Then the 200 DMA at $310 and support at $300. Failing that its a fall to $275 - $280

1604020932029.png

• 1Like