Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can also find good sources on twitter believe it or not (I feel a little dirty for using it, but it makes money). For Spacs, SpacGuru has been really solid with his suggestions and research so far. Just start following a couple people who look like they know what they're talking about, watch stocks they suggest, and if they're more right then wrong, start giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You can also find good sources on twitter believe it or not (I feel a little dirty for using it, but it makes money). For Spacs, SpacGuru has been really solid with his suggestions and research so far. Just start following a couple people who look like they know what they're talking about, watch stocks they suggest, and if they're more right then wrong, start giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I gotta look into that more too, good idea.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One spac I have that hasn't seen any movement even though they actually have two targets is CCX. Skillsoft and another company that are both some type of learning software. Supposed to close Q1 or Q2 so maybe the vagueness in the closing date is keeping it down.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
MARA is down 15% after announcing 250 million dollar stock offering. They're one of the bitcoin related stocks that have been mirroring bitcoins up and down. I believe they also mine them as well. I had made a quick 100% with them last week before I got stopped out, so might be a good time to buy back in.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Citigroup is bearish on PLTR and just downgraded them to 15, so probably going to see a dip today

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is not at all scientific, but here’s my method, and it’s simple and has been working, more or less what Fogel said. See what’s being hyped here, on SPACS on Reddit (there are numerous subreddits regarding them,) Stocktwits (awful site with crummy people but good for seeing what’s hyped,) and whatever other sources you can find. Find whatever people are rambling about. Ideally this is a SPAC not incredibly far from merger, and not much more than $12 at the most.

Wait for near merger day, sell for $1-5 a share profit before merger. That’s really all there is to it. Occasionally you get lucky and buy a $10-11 SPAC that gets hot rumors and quickly runs up to $15 plus even well before merger.

If you buy at $10-11 based on a rumor mill and lots of buzz, even if it doesn’t go anywhere, you’re not losing anything — that’s the beauty of it. It’s not like a normal stock where you might buy it at $10 and the hype leaves and it drops down to $3 or something. That can’t happen with SPACs, there’s a built in safety net.

I frequently throw a few thousand dollars at these things, and if it doesn’t move in a week or two I just dump it and move on. Occasionally walk away with $100-200 or sometimes lose $100-200 if I get inpatient on those but I’m still way in the green around 20 percent on the past year.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
INTC - Hint their earnings report next week isnt going to be good. This way he gets all the blame and is already on his way out...

BRIEF-Intel CEO Bob Swan To Step Down Effective February 15 - CNBC​

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The big reason lots of people hate SPACs is it removes the advantage for big banks and big investors to make all the money. That being said, some SPACs can easily end up being shady money grabs for the Founders. They make me money, so I like them. I will ride the SPAC train until I see the end of the track in the distance.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
INTC - Hint their earnings report next week isnt going to be good. This way he gets all the blame and is already on his way out...

Maybe people like fresh blood in the big chair?

It looks up

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA

Someone loaded 200k opening interest on the Feb 19 $20 strike (yes I wrote 20 dollars) TSLA puts. Current price is $849

1610547867915.png

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I've been wanting to get out of them for a couple months now and my trailing stop loss has been in place. Glad for the bump yesterday and today, they've made me money and i'm ready to move on, could care less if the stop loss hits now!

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
NKLA popped off this morning. I bought some on their big dip a month or so. Another tidy profit thanks to EV speculation and this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
NGA going nuts last two days. I bought it Monday, up 30% already.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
NKLA popped off this morning. I bought some on their big dip a month or so. Another tidy profit thanks to EV speculation and this thread.
NKLA is literally nothing except lies glued together with hope. Their head engineer was some guy that laid concrete for a while in lieu of education. They are not a serious company, but it's also worth noting this is not a serious economy.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
NGA going nuts last two days. I bought it Monday, up 30% already.

I jumped on them last week, I'm finding spacs have good staying power and will move up to 30 easily if they

1. Already have a product or are in production
2. Are in a hot sector

Thats why others like RMO and ACTC are going to be so big too. Some are already claiming ACTC is going to break records since it's already sold over 1k EV buses

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been wanting to get out of them for a couple months now and my trailing stop loss has been in place. Glad for the bump yesterday and today, they've made me money and i'm ready to move on, could care less if the stop loss hits now!
I closed out my mom's position I started about 6 months ago on the pop this morning. She made 17% on this dog so all is good.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NKLA is literally nothing except lies glued together with hope. Their head engineer was some guy that laid concrete for a while in lieu of education. They are not a serious company, but it's also worth noting this is not a serious economy.
NKLA is the Vanguard of EV companies.