Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CCIV up to 18.50 in after hours, 90 - 100m volume 3 days in a row, which is insane

NGA up 8% in AH too, we can thank Jim Cramer for a prime time boost @Hateyou
Most days I would take my 7-day 80% gain in CCIV and walk away happy. Today isnt most days though.

PSTH touched $30 after hours and the warrants back to 11.50

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Its so hard figuring out when to sell and when to hold. Sold GME Monday happy with my 14.5 to 19.5 gain, only to see it go to 35 today.

Threw a 100 to 150 shares each at NGA and CCIV , promising myself to just do a quick turn around since I'm "supposed" to be in sell mode working off my margin, and of course my stop loss hit and they both go beyond my meager returns. Oh well, I made some money. But I did not make "as much as I could have". Comparison is the thief of joy!

All these SPAC strats going mainstream has me more and more worried to hold too long. When everyone has the same ideas the jigs are up. I got OAC thats up 40 percent, and I got a lot of PSTH and now I have to stress and make sure that I'm the first one out the door and not left trampled in the lobby. sigh.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Most days I would take my 7-day 80% gain in CCIV and walk away happy. Today isnt most days though.

PSTH touched $30 after hours and the warrants back to 11.50
Ya I'm really torn on this one. It's a gamble based on whether the rumor is true or not. I do feel that Lucid is going to be Tesla-lite with the Robinhood crowd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its so hard figuring out when to sell and when to hold. Sold GME Monday happy with my 14.5 to 19.5 gain, only to see it go to 35 today.

Threw a 100 to 150 shares each at NGA and CCIV , promising myself to just do a quick turn around since I'm "supposed" to be in sell mode working off my margin, and of course my stop loss hit and they both go beyond my meager returns. Oh well, I made some money. But I did not make "as much as I could have". Comparison is the thief of joy!

All these SPAC strats going mainstream has me more and more worried to hold too long. When everyone has the same ideas the jigs are up. I got OAC thats up 40 percent, and I got a lot of PSTH and now I have to stress and make sure that I'm the first one out the door and not left trampled in the lobby. sigh.
My advice:
There are two very distinct worlds of stocks right now. One has lots of data, established financial reporting and technical analysis that can be used to predict movements (not always correctly but at least predictions can be made). And then there are SPACs. They have little to no data (beyond the financials of the merger targets) to focus on and are driven by emotion and FOMO. When it comes to SPACs there is no rule more important than "pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered".

It pays to remember the lifetime annual return on the S&P 500 is about 9.75% with dividends reinvested. Making 50-75% in a few weeks is epic. While you can lament taking profit off the table when the stock keeps rising, I would just be happy you made 5x to 10x times the annual return of the S&P 500 in a few weeks.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
short squeeze triggered by a board shake up
I love short squeezes.

200.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
No. find a SPAC with a decent founder team looking for an EV play. Buy in as close to $10 as possible. Wait for tendies to appear.
Seems too easy. i like fintech alt energy and anything medical

This is what I was alluding to previously. Once something hits the front page of one of the mainstream trading/investment sites- I usually write it off as I'm too late. I'm sure i've missed plenty of money doing that though.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Never, ever forget all bubbles burst. This is only a problem however if you are holding a bag at the time the bubble goes pop. Short timeframes, in and out, profits off the table, don't chase the runners, don't be a hog. Tendies for dinner.

Oh yeah, none of this should be your primary investing strategy. You primary strategy should be investing the vast majority of your money in rock solid balance sheet blue chips with moats and amazing fundamentals that you hold until you die and/or Index ETFs.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems too easy. i like fintech alt energy and anything medical

This is what I was alluding to previously. Once something hits the front page of one of the mainstream trading/investment sites- I usually write it off as I'm too late. I'm sure i've missed plenty of money doing that though.
This is the life cycle of the spac right now

Open at 10$
1st rumor hits within 3 months and it shoots up to 14-15
People begin doing research on target merger, from here is when you decide to take your profit or stay
1. If target turn out to suck or is a growth target 2-3 years from profit, the spac will start to decline down towards 12$
2. If target is solid, stock will either stay near 15 or continue to shoot up (see the recent ACTC spac)
From here the stock will do either 1 or 2 up until the actual merger date in which 1 and 2 will repeat itself. Solid target will go up while the growth/weaker targets will get a quick 50% and then immediately decline

At whatever point you sell, roll those profits into the next 10$ spac you like, rinse and repeat. From what I'm seeing, the current SPAC mania is accelerating which is increasing the speed that these events happen and the size of the ups and downs and people jump from one SPAC to another as I detailed above

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is the life cycle of the spac right now

Open at 10$
1st rumor hits within 3 months and it shoots up to 14-15
People begin doing research on target merger, from here is when you decide to take your profit or stay
1. If target turn out to suck or is a growth target 2-3 years from profit, the spac will start to decline down towards 12$
2. If target is solid, stock will either stay near 15 or continue to shoot up (see the recent ACTC spac)
From here the stock will do either 1 or 2 up until the actual merger date in which 1 and 2 will repeat itself. Solid target will go up while the growth/weaker targets will get a quick 50% and then immediately decline

At whatever point you sell, roll those profits into the next 10$ spac you like, rinse and repeat. From what I'm seeing, the current SPAC mania is accelerating which is increasing the speed that these events happen and the size of the ups and downs and people jump from one SPAC to another as I detailed above
It is also more stimulus/unemployment money going into the pockets of the Robinhooders.

CCIV +10% premarket. I can see this touching $20 today and then I have a decision to make.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rumors swirling that since V dumped the Plaid acquisition due to regulatory hurdles, that PSTH might swoop in and take it public.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
NNDM owners go.. oh hey guess what. Our stock went up a couple bucks in 1 day? Yet another Stock offering for 35,000,000 shares at 9.5.

This is after Several Direct offerings already. Stock would probably be at 20+ dollars if it wasn't for this..lame.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NNDM owners go.. oh hey guess what. Our stock went up a couple bucks in 1 day? Yet another Stock offering for 35,000,000 shares at 9.5.

This is after Several Direct offerings already. Stock would probably be at 20+ dollars if it wasn't for this..lame.
This is a great strat for these companies that are seeing price spikes. Its allowing them to recapitalize their businesses without adding debt. TSLA doing it was a brilliant move for Elon.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is also more stimulus/unemployment money going into the pockets of the Robinhooders.

CCIV +10% premarket. I can see this touching $20 today and then I have a decision to make.
Dude on CNBC pisses on CCIV and SPACs in general. CCIV crashes. I just sold the $12.5 strike puts expiring next month at the bottom. Got 80 cents for them. I bet it climbs back to $20 before the close.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
CCIV already broke 50 mil volume. Dipped just below 16.50 and going back up

• 1Like