Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes I get mad at myself for selling MP and SHLL before they took off big, but then I remember I took profits and bought new things like BTWN and CCIV and it helps me not play the hindsight game heh

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sometimes I get mad at myself for selling MP and SHLL before they took off big, but then I remember I took profits and bought new things like BTWN and CCIV and it helps me not play the hindsight game heh

I'm with you, sold MP at 19 and did the same thing. As long as you come out green its all good. My biggest weakness I think is holding out for more gains and then end up riding the top down and selling for less. So i'll start selling sooner, A lesson I learned when I sold NGA last week at 35 after an 80% gain, its down to 29 now.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of us are doing it. It's got similar holdings to QQQ but less weight to Google, Amazon, FB etc. It's more of a decision of morals
It has zero weight to GOOG, FB, TWTR etc. It doesn't carry Communication sector stocks.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Started moving my KO that I was assigned on Friday. Covered calls ftw.
I am watching PG and KMB. Boomer stocks down near support levels.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mentioned PDAC and RTP and they both went up 5-10% afterwards, BTAQ now up 5+%, and can't find any rumors on either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Fogel super numba one SPAC advisor. All Fogel Consulting LLC SPACs in my portfolio added this week.
5C0B751A-4E71-4622-89F4-E2174CE5B7AA.jpeg

9FD917AE-0267-450F-8F12-83039D71ABBF.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
ZNTE hit $15.67 overnight down to ~$13 now pre....close yesterday was under $12.

don't see any new info.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ZNTE hit $15.67 overnight down to ~$13 now pre....close yesterday was under $12.

don't see any new info.

Always take after hours gains and loses with a grain of salt. The volumes are really low so you get much wider price swings.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was reviewing trends with all the big spacs over the last couple months, RMO NGA CIIC ACTC LAZR etc and they all shoot up to low/mid 30's on the merger news and then slowly sell off into the mid/low 20's. LAZR was the only one to break 40 lately and it's back down to 31 currently. So it looks like the spac crowd has essentially put in a mid 30's top on spacs pre merger before they start to move profits into pre target spacs.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I was reviewing trends with all the big spacs over the last couple months, RMO NGA CIIC ACTC LAZR etc and they all shoot up to low/mid 30's on the merger news and then slowly sell off into the mid/low 20's. LAZR was the only one to break 40 lately and it's back down to 31 currently. So it looks like the spac crowd has essentially put in a mid 30's top on spacs pre merger before they start to move profits into pre target spacs.
This is good info.

What sites (and twitter accts) do you use for your SPAC research?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is good info.

What sites (and twitter accts) do you use for your SPAC research?

This is probably the most comprehensive list of spacs that is regularly updated, from when spacs are opened, management teams, target sectors, etc. I go through this list, pic spacs in sectors I like, and research the performance of the management team

I follow SpacGuru on twitter, he's usually one of the first to alert to news, rumors, etc.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My crappy performers so far for 2021:
2020 YE vs Yesterday close
KO (Down from 54.84->48.68)
LMT (Down from 354.98 -> 341.67)
PEP (Down from 148.30 -> 141.33)
VZ (Down from 58.75 -> 57.26)

Despite the above crapfest hit a new portfolio high yesterday thanks to QQQ, BABA, FB, AAPL LOW , MSFT and AMZN.

I'm sticking with the poor performers selling calls against them every month, even if they stay flat for the year should be able to make between 8-15% on them for the year from options.

Eager to see how the market reacts if we can hit 3900-3920 range on SPX over next week or two. Would not be surprising to see a gut check back to 3600 which would magically feel like a bargain for dip buyers when just a handful of weeks ago it would have been buying the top.