Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How is timing the markets going?

I'm up over 5% excluding contributions this year, which is perfectly fine with me. You seem to think I'm here to time the market despite my saying multiple times to the explicit contrary. I'm playing it very safe because my major goal is asset protection. I'll hit my goal for year's end in 2 weeks via contribution.

The only timing I did was calling that crash. Put me way out ahead.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You seem to have a very different interpretation of, "way out ahead" than the rest of us.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those who care about "technicals", the following stock all broke out above their Bollinger bands today. I won't bother explaining what it is (investopedia is your friend) but TLDR, it is a bullish signal if you believe in technicals.

CAT
DAL
JPM
XOM

PFE broke the Bollinger band to the downside which is seen as bearish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
XOM is flirting with $50. Madness.

For whomever it was sitting on cash...

why-god-why1.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even though I know like clockwork there is programmed selling of the rip at 3:50p it still amazes me that it happens every fucking day.. we just had 8 straight fucking minutes of red.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm. HTZ at $0.89... Yeah I'll bite on some of that.

@TheBeagle Nice thought on RV sale growth vs hotel motel vacations. I'll need to research some of that.

I have family in the RV business and wife has coworkers that deal with the business side of it and it’s booming fucking hard. I’ve known this for a few weeks, I’m not sure why I haven’t bought any stocks in it, I really should have.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures open barely green. This market is unstoppable. All we need is some more bad news to keep it going. C'mon employment numbers.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In my younger days this shit only happened with the OTC penny stocks. We have evolved our game so it includes stocks on the NYSE and Nasdaq now. Progress.

• 1Worf

Molten Core Raider
GNUS was pretty crazy, watched it most of yesterday, but didn't try to get back in. I took my profits from the offering a few days back and just didn't feel safe chasing it. Oh well, so much easier to see your mistakes after they happen lol. Still kind of surprised, underestimated the value of a cartoon channel I suppose. Guess I am bad at this game too!

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For those with a high risk tolerance, DAL has broken through resistance at around 27/28 and is breaking higher on news China is opening up to some air travel. The next resistance DAL should see is around 34. There could be 20% upside to the next resistance level. DAL has the strongest balance sheet of the major airlines.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
21.487M continuing claims
1.88M Initial jobless claims

Silver lining...8 weeks in a row of improvement

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
For those with a high risk tolerance, DAL has broken through resistance at around 27/28 and is breaking higher on news China is opening up to some air travel. The next resistance DAL should see is around 34. There could be 20% upside to the next resistance level. DAL has the strongest balance sheet of the major airlines.

LUV and JBLU have stronger balance sheets. DAL is the only international airline i've touched though, definitely stronger than United or American. Major airline is a legal definition, they are all major airlines except for Sun Country.

Spirit has been the biggest mover for me lately.

Wish I had more money, I would of thrown down some on Allegiant. They have been the most profitable for years and years.