Investing General Discussion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So 20% of the equity is on the market now, 80% to be out on market next year?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So 20% of the equity is on the market now, 80% to be out on market next year?
80% is locked up until early next year. This is shorter than a standard IPO so something to consider. I am digging to see how much is available to be unlocked. I seriously doubt it is all 80% as that would mean stock compensation just received would be unlocked which sounds a little crazy. This is from the amended S1. I need to dig through it when I have a few minutes..

1601304414549.png

1601304442270.png

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't like the F shares. I was thinking palantir might be a long-term hold, now I am reconsidering.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't like the F shares. I was thinking palantir might be a long-term hold, now I am reconsidering.
I agree, I normally abhor Dual share classes. I am juggling it in my head as I am giving weight to the fact that they do so much government work that this would prevent big liberal investors like teacher's unions from pushing them to leave the "evil government work" via board membership.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I agree, I normally abhor Dual share classes. I am juggling it in my head as I am giving weight to the fact that they do so much government work that this would prevent big liberal investors like teacher's unions from pushing them to leave the "evil government work" via board membership.

It's not just dual class, but 3 classes of stock. F shares make up .2% of the total shares, but control 50% of the vote. I prefer stocks where the owner's and plebs' success is more tied together. I am seeing this more as a get in get out now. Sad, cause I had a big wad of cash that I thought this could be a home to.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I want to give it a ride but much like SNOW I wont be sucked into over-paying. It doesn't have the growth rate now to justify more than about $15 a share in my eyes. I may end up having to sit back and wait until Q1 when lock-up ends to buy on a dip.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Just to counter note this can be avoided by the people leading the company owning a controlling interest. They are setting this up to own little to practically nothing of the company and still control it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just to counter note this can be avoided by the people leading the company owning a controlling interest. They are setting this up to own little to practically nothing of the company and still control it.
good point.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Big seeing are everywhere.

If you have the cash to really gamble you can prolly do well riding volatility.

I just don't want to risk it right now. Closing on a house and everything is now measured in thousands has cut back some of my willingness to risk

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
TSLA crew is back after a week long Battery Day mourning period

Where Da Money's At?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This shit needs to be made illegal, and the pension managers need to be fired and or thrown in jail.
All you have to do is watch Billions on Showtime to understand this. The people running the pension funds aren't super smart MBAs who rival anyone on Wallstreet. Not even close. They keep their jobs (and fat benefits and probably bribes) by returning Alpha. So they chase that shit. They hear hedge fund X say "man we can get you a 20% return FO SHO". Wow, what are you investing in? "It's complicated." 20%? "FO SHO". Ok, put me in for 300 million.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
All you have to do is watch Billions on Showtime to understand this. The people running the pension funds aren't super smart MBAs who rival anyone on Wallstreet. Not even close. They keep their jobs (and fat benefits and probably bribes) by returning Alpha. So they chase that shit. They hear hedge fund X say "man we can get you a 20% return FO SHO". Wow, what are you investing in? "It's complicated." 20%? "FO SHO". Ok, put me in for 300 million.
Is part 2 of the latest season out yet? I am waiting to marathon it since I dont want to subscribe to Showtime for more than necessary.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TSLA

BRIEF-Walmart Canada Says More Than Tripling Its Reservations Of 18-Wheeler Tesla Semi Trucks
Sept 29 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc(TSLA):

* WALMART CANADA SAYS MORE THAN TRIPLING ITS RESERVATIONS OF 18-WHEELER TESLA SEMI TRUCKS

* WALMART CANADA - NOW RESERVING A TOTAL OF 130 TESLA SEMI TRUCKS

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The more I dig into PLTR, the more I am beginning to think that Karp and Cohen are little more than figureheads and that Thiel is running the company. This may be why the Founder's voting shares are set up so oddly, to make sure Thiel can control the direction of the company.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I know Blazin Blazin is in cash, I think Furry Furry went cash...

I think I should have last week, anyone else on the fence or about to swap out of the market for the election?