IOS/AOS - [SoulKing] - Hero Collector RPG

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Game Name: SoulKing
Developer: Netmarble

Guild Name: Rerolled

Class:
RPG - Hero Collector

Mechanics: Auto attack and two separate shared resources for manual skill usage (energy/mana). PVE fights range from 2-3 stages. PVP is 4v4 full auto or 8v8 - manual skills vs computer controlled opponent.

Features
Guilds:
Guild levels, guild perks, guild shops, daily check-in bonuses. Daily boss battle with rewards on total damage from guild. Guild PVP pending release. 30 players max.

Character customization:
Promotions - Increases basic stats, changes appearance, unlocks a passive bonus which you can select by eating another unit of the same class with the skill you want.

Equipment - 6 slots available. 2 or 4 slot item sets which can be mixed and matched. For example (20% atk speed, 20% atk speed, 15% defense). Equipment can be leveled up to increase base and bonus perks based on the star rating of the item. Failure rates increase as the levels go up, but items are available to increase success rate with various attainable currencies.

Awakenings - Individual skills can be awakened to add additional bonuses / features to the skill. For example - a healer has a base skill of raising all basic stats by 15%. When awakened, this also add's 40% attack speed for the duration.

Skill Ups - Feeding identical hero's will increase the skill's level, giving additional % or abilities.

Rank Up - Units can be ranked up to a maximum of 6 stars for increased levels and basic stats. Ranking up involves feeding 3 max level units of the same rank. Units called Ku are available that can be used without having to level them.

Content:
Adventure Mode - Standard clear the stages Normal / Hard / Legendary. Star rankings on performance with bonuses for perfect area completion

Story Mode - Each individual unique SoulKing hero has 10 story missions that can be completed to unlock passive leader bonuses

Tower - Challenge tower for each element with various restrictions. Rewards given for each stage cleared, but it requires some different team compositions.

Special Dungeons - Daily (Ku's for evolving), Exploration (items to summon special heroes), Material (items to promote characters)

Pirate Dungeon - Gold Currency farming

PVP: 4v4 or 8v8

Info:
I've been playing about a week now and really enjoying this game. It has the character customization of Summoner's War with the tedium-reducers found in many of the other newer games. Progression feels constant without requiring lucky pulls. Currencies are quickly attainable and feel very F2P friendly, although tossing a few bucks for the 2 monthly packs ($3ish) is pretty worth it. Currently trying to convince the Rerolled line group to join up.

Pros:
Battles require timing and strategy, but can also be auto-farmed.
Characters easy to level
Customization
Variable time commitment (potentially could play all day)
F2P friendly

Cons:
Some PVP modes full auto
Character models cartoony
Skills can be a bit silly (meat catapult attack for example)
Requires some time investment to complete all tasks

Gameplay PVP Video example

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Aevry will never steer you wrong with a new mobile game. You may end up cursing him in a few months when you wonder where all your free time went, but he never recommends bad games.

Even if this particular game isn't up your poopshoot, install Line on your phone and send a message to Aevry and he'll hook you up with an invite to our chat where we talk about multiple mobile games (and other stuff, may or may not be homoerotic at times).

He also has a bitchin' private ARK server, if you're into *actually* pooping in a PC game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
All tasks being daily tasks?
How easy to auto the daily tasks is it?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
There are 14 daily tasks, 12 of them needed to receive all the rewards (it's tiered every 4). All of them can be completed quickly by using auto functions. Missing a daily quest also doesn't set you back anything other than missing out on some exp / currency.

Some examples of the daily quests:
Send points to 20 friends
Buy stamina (cost is reimbursed)
Run adventure stage x10 (instant auto ticket)
Summon 5 heros (game gives you 6 free summons each day)

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Aevry in game. Once you hit 10 you can join the Rerolled guild. It's open enrollment currently.

We run a Line chat group for our various games, but certainly not a requirement for this game other than discussions about units and such.

I think my current favorite feature is that you can do auto mode, but choose to run it until you get X number of selected item. Works great when farming promotion crystals

monnoh

Golden Squire
I'm monnoh ingame, tried searching for Aevry in Search Friends but it can't find you. Combat is pretty fun! Still working through the intro quests.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Oh, the ID in game are funky if you click on your portrait in the top left. Mine is Aevry#6a8e

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I loaded this up to try it. I've played a few mobile games like this one, so I'm not entirely lost, but I'm not too sure what I'm doing. I cleared up to map 5 or whatever, but now my team is getting stomped. I gave the main hero all of the food to level him up to 60, but cant evolve yet. Am I supposed to just grind exp on map 4 until all my guys hit level cap to continue? Is there a way to get heroes better than 2* power without paying? Not sure what to do!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Sinzar -
Progression wise - focus on leveling up Edward and Joan to 60, and the blue healer to 40. Evolve the healer from 2 to 3 stars and max her to 60.

Do the same with a dps unit, but don't put too much resources into it because you get a 4* selector on day 7.

Once your characters are max level through food and using mandras, start running the material dungeons for promotion materials and promote your core team. This gives a nice stat boost and unlocks a passive slot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

monnoh

Golden Squire
Hmm, I'm level 10 now, but can't find the guild (and still can't find you either :p). Apparently some people have some kind of bug while trying to search for players/guilds. Am I showing up on your friend search Aevry?

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Hmm, I can't seem to locate you in the user search. Maybe press your character window on the top left and give us the full id with all the hashtags. Also check that is says "live" next to the change nickname button.

I didn't think there were region specific servers. Do you live in the boonies?

Kaegyn

Molten Core Raider
I played this pretty heavy for a few weeks. I liked the graphics, animations and different options in the game. What sucked is the lack of variety in teams near endgame. You'd think there would be more options with the amount of heroes, but 90% of pvp teams are using the exact same characters with the same abilities. My momentum quickly died when I started forming that "ultimate" team and realized there wasn't much else to do after that.

Overall though it's a cool game with some potential but nothing like Summoners War staying power.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
It definitely has less variety with the high end pvp teams, consisting of Seig or Tina I believe for most of them. I've never been too much into the pvp on mobile games because the whales always come out on top. It does appear that there is some unreleased planned pvp content so we will see how that changes the dynamics.

The siege 8v8 mode gives a bit more leeway in team choices - Units with Ignore defense seem to be the PVP meta currently.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Sounds like there are some backend server routing based on demographic area. It appears to use the location tied to your play / apple account to determine what server to stuff you on so to play on the same server I think you would have to run some kind of vpn with location services running and recreate an account.

Hopefully they fix it in the future, I could only find a couple posts regarding it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

monnoh

Golden Squire
Thanks man, that explains a lot. Still enjoying the game though, so I hope they fix it so I can play with you guys.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was fun until I hit stage 8. Once there I hit a brick wall. Not even sure what I am supposed to do at this point. I can't promote heroes. I can farm the mats but the 1500 soul stone cost to upgrade keeps me from upgrading. The only place I have found soul stones is to trade topaz for them in the market. It will take days if not weeks to get 1500 topaz. And that is for one hero...

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Run the soul King quests at the palace and the challenge tower floors. They give a lot of soul stones. Focus on leveling and promoting your 3* soul kings (Joan, Edward) and start running exploration to get hamelin. They are cheap to promote compared to natural 4*

Adventure progression requires you to periodically switch gears and work on other progression (story, soul King quests, challenge tower, etc)