Iron Harvest

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cant find thread I thought existed. Alternate ww2 dieselpunk with mechs and bears. Lots of cool art if you browse their facebook.

Biggest draw is mimicking company of heroes 1 style and sustems.

Just hit kickstarter. The teaser video is meh compared to other vids on thekt FB.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
They have a longer video with gameplay up.

Should rename the thread "Dawn of War in the SCYTHE game world".

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Finally a game similar to Company of Heroes, and we've been enjoying it. My lone concern is some of the progression in game feels rushed, you go from infantry right into mechs and this feels intentional to foster quicker games for a competitive esports-style audience. Hoping we can find a better balance than we've experienced.

For example in Company of Heroes you have clear phases with infantry and small arms, light vehicles and then 'fuck, they've got a tank'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
CoH 1 is one of my all-time favorite games. At one point I got to Lt. General as British. I never could really get into CoH 2, so I'm really looking forward to this.

• 2Solidarity

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Confirmed this is set in the Scythe board game world:

Played Scythe a few times with different groups. Regardless of liking the game, or not, universal agreement was the setting is fucking awesome. This would make a great movie franchise as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Launch today.

Best RTS since CoH2. Couple little naggle things though. Like I couldn't get units to join an existing group with shift+1 or whatever. Also the toggles for some abilities just never seemed to work for me. The huge mech units are slow as fuck! Literally by the time I got them anywhere the fight was over, if not the game! Anti mech units are fodder against anti infrantry mechs.

Like the way they handles max troops. Keeping units alive really matters. Mele is great if you're out gunned. No crazy upgrade trees. Unit's are just flat out fun from medic to Uber mechs.

Will be buying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya. Lot of things are missing. From basics I mentioned above, to what I really wanted to try, the co-op campaign. Will wait until they have that big patch. But man do I love the setting.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya, 8+ hours into it, kinda dogshit. I'd purposely avoided most of the beta waiting for release. A reskin mod of COH woulda been better. Tries to imitate it but falls flat in so much of the balance mechanics as well as the UI and unit responces being utter rough dogshit.

If I just bought vs being a kickstarter, I'd have refunded.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya, 8+ hours into it, kinda dogshit. I'd purposely avoided most of the beta waiting for release. A reskin mod of COH woulda been better. Tries to imitate it but falls flat in so much of the balance mechanics as well as the UI and unit responces being utter rough dogshit.

If I just bought vs being a kickstarter, I'd have refunded.

My biggest issue was the pathing and the unit grouping. There were QOL features missing, but the core stuff was there. Blance issues take time, so I was cool with that also. Though it was glaring with some units.