It's A Wonderful Life.. sequel? Dafuq?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
dotdotdot

This was announced back in Nov last year but I didn't pick up on it until today when my friend told me how disgusting the idea was

It's A Wonderful Life Sequel in the Works: Jimmy Stewart Christmas Classic Gets a Follow-Up | Variety

The sequel, titled?It?s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story,?is being financed by Allen J. Schwalb of Star Partners who will also produce along with Bob Farnsworth of Hummingbird. The duo are aiming to get the movie into theaters for the 2015 holiday season.

Karolyn Grimes, who played George Bailey?s daughter ?Zuzu? in the original, will return for the ?Wonderful Life? sequel as an angel who shows Bailey?s unlikeable grandson (also named George Bailey) how the world would be if he had he never been born.

Grimes, of course, bellowed the iconic line ?Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings!? in the original movie, about a troubled family man (Stewart) whose near-suicide on Christmas Eve brings on the intervention of his guardian angel.

Farnsworth and Martha Bolton have written the screenplay.

?The storyline of the new film retains the spirit of the original ? every life is important as long as you have friends,? Farnsworth said.

No casting decision for the lead role of Bailey?s grandson will be made until February but producers have also begun discussions with original cast members Jimmy Hawkins, who portrayed Tommy Bailey, and Carol Coombs,who played Janie Bailey, to reprise their roles as well.

The producers are interviewing potential directors and plan to shoot the majority of the film in Louisiana. The sequel will have a budget in the $25 million to $35 million range.

?The new film will retain the feeling of the original, and it simply must be shared,? Grimes said. ?I?ve probably read close to 20 scripts over the years suggesting a sequel to ?It?s a Wonderful Life,? but none of them were any good. The script by Bob Farnsworth and Martha Bolton was wonderful, and I wanted to be involved with his version of the film immediately.?
Paramount however are challenging the sequel under rights issues. I'm on team Paramount. This idea needs to DIAF.

BBC News - Studio challenges Wonderful Life sequel

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
NukeOrbit.jpg

just nuke hollywood ffs

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Ed Helms will likely be involved somehow.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'd love to see this done in the style of Stargate, where the "angel" Clarence was actually a highly evolved and technologically advanced alien posing as a god-like figure. In the sequel, Bailey's grandchild can discover this ruse and will realize that there is a whole race of these "angels" out there and not all of them are as benevolent as Clarence was. A small group of humans will find Clarence's resting place and use his technology to not only travel through time, but space as well, and confront the malevolent beings that are plotting to distort earth's reality.