It's not TV, it's HBO! Ranking every full-length series thus far.

Cybsled

List isn't too bad. At least Girls didn't crack into the top half of the list. Nice to see Oz show up in the top 10.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
#6 Sex and The City
#23 Westworld

what a stupid list
Westworld being so high is one of the few that stood out as blatantly wrong.

When True Blood is so low because of some meandering final seasons, I don't think Westworld deserves to be high based on a single good one (and in retrospect, the first season wasn't actually as good as a whole; much better week to week with internet sleuthing).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
AMC says hi
wp2977121.jpg

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So much to disagree with here, but god damn hbo has cranked out some great programming. Summer Heights High is too low!!

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Westworld being so high is one of the few that stood out as blatantly wrong.

When True Blood is so low because of some meandering final seasons, I don't think Westworld deserves to be high based on a single good one (and in retrospect, the first season wasn't actually as good as a whole; much better week to week with internet sleuthing).

Westworld should almost have 3 rankings...just season 1 (maybe higher than their ranking of #23), both seasons together (no way should it be #23, more like 40+), and just season 2 (like #60).

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
entourage and ballers got nuked because muh female objectification. and shout out to oz making the 10.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Entourage was entertaining for a few seasons. Johnny Drama was a great character and Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold was worth watching by itself. Ballers lost me about 3 episodes in, no interesting characters at all.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Neither of them was actually a good show. I think they deserved to be pretty low in the rankings.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
List isn't too bad. At least Girls didn't crack into the top half of the list. Nice to see Oz show up in the top 10.

That's the only show I was curious where it landed, would have been a top 3 pick for me

Edit: G-string divas not in the list? For shame

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Entourage was entertaining for a few seasons. Johnny Drama was a great character and Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold was worth watching by itself. Ballers lost me about 3 episodes in, no interesting characters at all.

entourage was ari, and escapsim on how easy vinces life was. hugh hefner levels of "i won the game of life" packaged by the same station that brought you empathetic prison rape (how bad could my life be?) and tony soprano (what if i never gave a fuck?). ballers is the rock being awesome in the instagram richest most instagram awesome group of istagram rich awesome instagram people in the world with a touch of depth. instgram. so, entourage 2.0 years later.

serious business time - what HBO series have you watched to completion at least 4 times?

i set 4 only so i can say sex and the city for the 4 relationships that lasted long enough to watch the whole thing end to end. otherwise rome, band of brothers, oz, and rome. rome goes twice for the 8 times i watched it. the wire almost made it. almost.

no fast forwards or halfies. end to end. otherwise band of brothers gets 18 for spiers solo'ing foy.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
entourage was ari, and escapsim on how easy vinces life was.

Entourage isn't Entourage without Drama, though...who's just amazing. Anytime I go back and binge a season it's hilarious how many little things Drama does/says you forget about that are just perfect/hilarious for that character.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The Brink being canceled killed me, I loved that show so much.

Surprised Game of Thrones was so low honestly, it's their biggest show ever and wasn't even top 5? I know you can't equate ratings with quality but just seemed odd to me.

I didn't like Boardwalk Empire being so low, Ballers should be higher as well.

Had Deadwood went longer there's no way its not number 1. Also I think I'm the only one who didn't like The Sopranos.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Surprised Game of Thrones was so low honestly, it's their biggest show ever and wasn't even top 5? I know you can't equate ratings with quality but just seemed odd to me.

Had Deadwood went longer there's no way its not number 1. Also I think I'm the only one who didn't like The Sopranos.
boardwalk empire s4 and s5 were weak? if i remember?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
True Detectives 2nd season really fucked it's place in this list.

• 1Like

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Entourage isn't Entourage without Drama, though...who's just amazing.

i agree, drama is deep as fuck. this look, at end of season 6 where matt damon goes straight to vince and completely crushes drama by not even recognising him - i watched this scene at least 5 times looking for a hint of "should i kill this perfect cunt brother of mine?" and couldn't see it. he nailed this role.

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
If we could just do 1st seasons then True Detective and Westworld are both top 10. :(

• 1Solidarity

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

I like the Sopranos, but it doesn't deserve to be held up as the end all be off prestige TV. It definitely innovated and advanced the medium, but other shows have improved and expanded what a TV show can be since then.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users