Jeopardy!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Jeopardy!

First aired: 1964-03-30

Creator: Merv Griffin

Cast: Alex Trebek

Overview: America's favorite quiz show where contestants are presented with general knowledge clues in the form of answers, and must phrase their responses in question form.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2WTF
  • 2Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He was fighting his cancer for quite some time. This was supposed to happen over a year ago, so he got to have a bit of extra time at least

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sad. It sounded like he was doing pretty well with it, but yeah, guess you can't outrun something that serious for long. Glad he got some extra time and hopefully he got a lot of time with his family.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
RIP

I'd like to see the show survive but talk about hard to replace

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ugh, horrible to hear, but I think everyone feared the worst when the cancer came back. Jeopardy is a cultural institution and he was always synonymous with it. Dude was a legend.

Ya, he will never be truly replaced, but I strongly suspect they'll end up going with Ken Jennings as a new host. Months ago the show gave him some type of job with the show, but I always suspected it was to potentially groom a replacement as Alex's condition wasn't improving.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
RIP Alex, you will be remembered forever. The one show I religiously watched every single weekday. Fuck this year.

20201108_134423.jpg

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Favorite host of who wants to be a millionaire. Rip bruddah

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, he will never be truly replaced, but I strongly suspect they'll end up going with Ken Jennings as a new host. Months ago the show gave him some type of job with the show, but I always suspected it was to potentially groom a replacement as Alex's condition wasn't improving.

That actually makes a lot of sense and something I could be down with. I think even Alex would be good with that

• 1Like
That actually makes a lot of sense and something I could be down with. I think even Alex would be good with that
That can work. I can see that. But man, I would hate to be Ken Jennings.

So, it sounds corny, but what would Trebek want? Then it's easier. I am positive he would want the show to go on, but properly. Jennings would totally understand that crucial point. But jeez. "Irreplaceable" rarely applies.....

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
One of my employees was on it and won his first day, episode aired about 5 weeks ago. His games filmed about 2 months before airing. He said it was pretty clear in the studio he seemed to be declining but did a great job of covering it up. All the contestants had to get covid tested before appearing and even then no one could get within 25 feet of Alex the entire time. Sad to see him go, a true legend pop-culture and otherwise.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He’ll always be remembered for announcing the 3rd overall pick in the 2020 nhl entry draft.

Bows

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm literally watching a back log of Jeopardy on my DVR right now while doing chores. Sad day, I've watched Jeopardy for most of my life. I suspected Ken Jennings would take over when he was announced as working with them earlier this season, RIP Alex, what is, "I'm sad today".

TV show information provided by The Movie Database