Job Hunting

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It’s more weird that if he does the job to their satisfaction that it should even matter. If he was a contract worker nobody would even bat an eye at the number of clients he took on but as an employee how dare you not take it up the shit pipe.

Yea but the point of a job is to strangle your life and monopolize your time and youthful vigor, not actually do work. Do you even capitalism bro?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It’s more weird that if he does the job to their satisfaction that it should even matter. If he was a contract worker nobody would even bat an eye at the number of clients he took on but as an employee how dare you not take it up the shit pipe.
I have to take a day off of one when I have to go to the office once every quarter or so at either place.

But its very doable and I got promoted in both places so I am clearly doing something right. Or at least appear to.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I’m really tempted to try this however my current software engineering job is on the higher stress/time requirement. I’d need to balance it with something that requires less time. Maybe defense but dunno if they’d catch me on a clearance request. It would be nice if it was something I could do on weekends.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I’m really tempted to try this however my current software engineering job is on the higher stress/time requirement. I’d need to balance it with something that requires less time. Maybe defense but dunno if they’d catch me on a clearance request. It would be nice if it was something I could do on weekends.

I think if the work tasks and tech stacks were wildly different it would be much harder. But mine are literally identical. I got some certs this year and got reimbursed and advancement benefits at both places (lol). The only difference is one place uses Azure and the other uses AWS. The tasks are all backend data related and customer facing. So I don't have to switch gears for more than a minute or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I think if the work tasks and tech stacks were wildly different it would be much harder. But mine are literally identical. I got some certs this year and got reimbursed and advancement benefits at both places (lol). The only difference is one place uses Azure and the other uses AWS. The tasks are all backend data related and customer facing. So I don't have to switch gears for more than a minute or two.
Unrelated but what’s your opinion on aws vs azure?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Unrelated but what’s your opinion on aws vs azure?
IMO: AWS>Azure>>>GCP.

But it isn't like I am using every feature. Azure is easier to learn overall than AWS but I just have a lot more AWS experience so this taints my perspective a bit. Azure LogicApps are really nice for example and the closest AWS feature is Lambda. Which isn't nearly as easy to use but can ultimately do all the same stuff. I like AWS Glue over Azure Data Factory. Pros and cons really I guess. I don't put too much thought into it.

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to

But it isn't like I am using every feature. Azure is easier to learn overall than AWS but I just have a lot more AWS experience so this taints my perspective a bit. Azure LogicApps are really nice for example and the closest AWS feature is Lambda. Which isn't nearly as easy to use but can ultimately do all the same stuff. I like AWS Glue over Azure Data Factory. Pros and cons really I guess. I don't put too much thought into it.
Yea, Azure is better for some tasks but AWS is "cleaner" sometimes. Azure documentation sucks in a lot of areas and it's sort of poisoned by the clones of services on the M365 side making certain things far too complicated or costly despite basically running on the same services.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

What AWS services do you use on a regular basis?

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
I need a remote job.

I've been cashiering / working with money the last few months and have a decent IT resume so regardless of my online persona I /can/ be trusted.

Have references professional and landlord references as well.

Please keep an eye out!

Experience is in Information Technology / Inventory Control / Money

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need a remote job.

I've been cashiering / working with money the last few months and have a decent IT resume so regardless of my online persona I /can/ be trusted.

Have references professional and landlord references as well.

Please keep an eye out!

Experience is in Information Technology / Inventory Control / Money
Learn Salesforce or ServiceNow. Profit.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I would just like to say I really enjoy the phrase "no wiggle room" in salary negotiations.

Well, sounds like you've got the wrong fucking guy then.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Had an odd interview today - anyway, have an evaluation for “attention to detail” scheduled and an Excel evaluation…. Wish me luck.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You already failed. Noping out of any position that wants an "excel evaluation" is the attention to detail they were looking for.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users