John Dies at the End

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Book is probably one of my favorite books ever, and this looks like a shockingly faithful adaptation. Really have high hopes for it.

If I had seen the trailer without knowing anything else I would be worried.
Watching the trailer knowing that Don Coscarelli is behind it, I feel pretty alright with it. I can't imagine watching it with someone that hasn't read the book, though.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Lol, can't wait to see this movie. My buddy had been trying to get me to read the book for a long while, and I had kept putting it off. Finally did, and I thought it was pretty damn great. Just finished the second book a couple weeks ago, and would love to see this movie do well enough to get the sequel done as well.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
This movie was a little out there. I may pick up the book to see if it helps with some of the shit I didn't catch.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Book is very out there as well. Think horror/lovecraftian written by and for the internet generation. Ancient cosmic evil forces kick people in the balls and such.

Cybsled

So what is this movie basically...."They Live" but with ancient evil instead aliens?

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So what is this movie basically...."They Live" but with ancient evil instead aliens?
You really need to read the book. Makes a lot more sense. I stopped watching the movie when they got to a certain point and had completely changed what happened in the book, just pissed me off too much. I'll have to finish it another time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this movie actually scared the shit out of me a little bit. scary movies dont bother me but surreal wtf mindfuck movies freak me out completely. this was really an original and well made film. i cant say i understand what was going on the whole time but it sure as fuck was an interesting movie.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm going to read the book eventually, but I really enjoyed the movie. Quality stuff.