Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (Netflix/US)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
8gtV44yyTFG6nQ669Y6DNFa8Bq3.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-05-17[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]With magic long since lost to England, two men are destined to bring it back; the reclusive Mr. Norrell and daring novice Jonathan Strange. So begins a dangerous battle between two great minds.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Adaptation from the novel came out recently, in full, on Netflix.

I read the book a while ago and enjoyed it -- reviews seem mostly favorable. Based off this book: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Saw this when it came out on BBC america... pretty faithful adaptation of the book

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finished the series and I must say I really enjoyed it. I had never heard of the show or the book before seeing it on Netflix. I thought it was really well done I think the special effects were surprisingly good for the most part. The acting was a little spotty at times but I think Bertie Carvel (Mr Strange) is a star in the making. I will not be surprised if we see some big things out of Bertie in the next few years.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This show kicks ass. I'm on episode 5. Is it one book or a series? Definitely going to pick the book up asap.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good shit, only on episode three but definitely want more. For that to happen more people need to watch it, tell your friends.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just started this last night and lovin' it. When I saw the series listed Netflix and description of the show I immediately thought of Mason & Dixon. So wasn't surprised when checking the wiki for the novel that it had a cover that looked just like it heh.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I finished it this weekend. Really nice, excellent series.

• 1Like