Jungle (2017)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Jungle (2017)

Tagline: Nature has only one law - Survival

Genre: Adventure, Drama, Thriller

Director: Greg McLean

Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Thomas Kretschmann, Alex Russell, Joel Jackson, Yasmin Kassim, Luis Jose Lopez, Lily Sullivan, Jacek Koman, Angie Milliken, John Bluthal, Rodrigo Marulanda, Elias Granado, Miguel Angel Martinez, Cayam Ghinsberg, Brandon Membreno, Lucho Velasco, Obeida Benavides, Joey Vieira, Natasha Pruchniewicz, Kirra Gaskell, Cassandra Robinson, Ricardo Valencia, Manuel Ruiz, Ioulia Pakhomova, Nelson Camayo, Adrian Javier Perez, Claire Jones, Sara Ocampo, Henry Orozco, Paris Moletti

Release: 2017-06-27

Runtime: 115

Plot: In 1981, an enthusiastic young adventurer follows his dreams into the Bolivian Amazon jungle with two friends and a guide with a mysterious past. Their journey quickly turns into a terrifying ordeal as the darkest elements of human nature and the deadliest threats of the wilderness lead to an all-out fight for survival.

Daidraco

Surprisingly good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this a few weeks ago. Wasnt a bad movie. Ratcliffe did a good job.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Watched this a few weeks ago. Wasnt a bad movie. Ratcliffe did a good job.
He did a really great job with the accent, too. Im sure someone from Iran could pick it apart, but from a foreign perspective - it seemed spot on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie served to remind me just how dumb people can really be.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

This movie served to remind me just how dumb people can really be.
The movies based off real life, so yes I agree. It definitely makes you wonder how stupid people are.

The movie also made me change my opinion of what happened to Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon - I now think their guide killed them, regardless of the evidence pointing towards them getting lost.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The movies based off real life, so yes I agree. It definitely makes you wonder how stupid people are.

The movie also made me change my opinion of what happened to Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon - I now think their guide killed them, regardless of the evidence pointing towards them getting lost.

I watched it handful of years ago, and thought it was pretty good. I'm a sucker for a man versus nature movies, kind of the same way I am with westerns, they're just interesting and fun. I'll typically watch them no matter what. I think the last really good one I saw was the Liam neeson fighting off the wolves movie. Can't remember what it's called but it was really good.

Was it The Grey?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I watched it handful of years ago, and thought it was pretty good. I'm a sucker for a man versus nature movies, kind of the same way I am with westerns, they're just interesting and fun. I'll typically watch them no matter what. I think the last really good one I saw was the Liam neeson fighting off the wolves movie. Can't remember what it's called but it was really good.

Was it The Grey?
Yeah. I really loved that movie. It had an existential bent to it that I found rather powerful. It's a pretty simply film but I felt like it conveyed a lot (as long as you could get past the general lack of authentic wolf behavior).

The fact that he goes through all that pain and suffering just to end up in the wolves den... but decides to fight instead of give up? Great stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Was it The Grey?
Ya, that was the Grey. "The Revenant" with Leonardo Dicaprio fighting off a fucking Grizzly Bear had my interest just as high as the Grey did.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yay, I'm just glad my memory wasn't escaping me even though it does all the time. Feel like I'm 70 years old physically, and maybe 60 mentally, but every now and then, that blind squirrel finds a nut.

Really was a great movie though.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database