Jurassic Park 3D

Ryanz

<Banned>
Still as epic as ever, still the best movie ever. I hate 3D, it usually gives me a headache, or the dimness of the movie due to the glasses annoys me...I didn't have either of those problems. A+, thumbs up, 5 stars, would see again.

rrr_img_19866.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
daughters birthday was yesterday and she really wanted to see it, so took the family out for matinee. fucking $70 for 5 IMAX 3-D matinee tickets, jesus christ movie theaters fuck you and die. Still, everyone loved it and the dinosaurs were still awesome as ever, definitely something epic about the IMAX screens and sound system.

I'm pretty numb to 3D at this point though, dont notice most of the time and when you do its always stupid shit like "hey... that bush is in front of the other trees! whoah!"

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I should have gone to this last night. My parents took me to the theater to see this at least 10 times. One of my favorite movies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I love this movie so much, it can't do any wrong imo and I am goign to be aprt of their money grab and go see it.

On a related note, it probably has my favorite movie soundtrack of all time.

Fadaar

That guy
One of the first movies I remember going to see with my dad when I was younger. Caught it on TV recently and was amazed how good the CGI and special effects in general hold up even 20 years later.

Goatface

was on vacation at the beach when it came out and we drove a long way inland to a place that had an ad in the paper claiming to have 12,000+ watts sound system. pretty sure was on of the first places with DTS. it would be years before found another place with that kind of experience

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One of the first movies I remember going to see with my dad when I was younger. Caught it on TV recently and was amazed how good the CGI and special effects in general hold up even 20 years later.
/mourn animatronics

Using physical constructs and then enhancing them with CGI should be the standard, it is why things like Titanic and Jurassic Park hold up so well whereas many of the effects in new films look completely artificial and terrible.

I was lucky enough to see Jurassic Park when it first released at Universal Studios Hollywood, they really made it a night to remember with torches blazing outside the theater and some flipped cars and other props from the movie littered about. Sound was great also; all of the chairs shook during the T-Rex scenes
biggrin.png
. A wonderful movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I couldnt find a non sold out place with a badass screen and sound so I ended up watching it on a dinky screen, so small i had to sit only a few rows from the screen to fill my field of view. Still was an awesome experience.

Scyfi

N00b
Did a good job on the 3d, normally gives me a headache but this looked great. And it is a MUST at the imax. worth the extra couple bucks

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I can't justify paying to see this movie again. Especially when the 3D is 20 year post production and 3D up to this point has been asstastic.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God damn this movie has held up well. Girlfriend HAS NEVER SEEN Jurassic Park (wtf?), so I took her over the weekend to see this. Made me feel like an 11 year old lad again, and she thought it was the best movie we'd seen in the theater in years. Movies suck dick these days.....

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When I saw this I only felt like 25% of the movie was actually 3D. The rest just looked like stock footage. Maybe my eyes are fucked up. Still enjoyed it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
3d doesnt impress me anymore, the gimmick wont get me into the theater. i dont care too much they released JP as a cash grab then called it 3d for an even sweeter cash grab. i just saw the movie too many damned times to want to pay money to see it in a theater again. over 20 years ive probably seen it a few dozen times and the magic has worn off for me.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
let's spend money to watch the same movie we have seen 20 years ago (fuck ....i'm old!) but with some damn special glasses LOL
btw the movie is great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
let's spend money to watch the same movie we have seen 20 years ago (fuck ....i'm old!) but with some damn special glasses LOL
btw the movie is great.
I'm not sure I see the point of this argument? How many times have people on these forums paid to see Star Wars when it was re released?

It's a great movie, who cares?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure I see the point of this argument? How many times have people on these forums paid to see Star Wars when it was re released?

It's a great movie, who cares?
i didn't
smile.png

love star wars...i mean the old ones, but will not pay to see it again