Kerbal Space Program 2

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess Kerbal recovered from the scandal everyone was upset about a while back.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I had a big-ass goofy grin on my face watching that. The memory of the sheer joy that was had watching my retarded little Kerbals blowing up and crashing in spectacular ways is just so ingrained into my memory. They nailed the shit out of that trailer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have about 800hrs on KSP, this being a different set of developers will not be too quick to jump on board to make sure it isn't just a cash grab. My first thought was, Awesome they can get away from Unity, but I see on their FAQ they are sticking with it.

Last edited:

khorum

Murder Apologist
Oh fuck yes. I have an ungodly number of hours on KSP.

Lithobraking lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Doesn't need MTX, it has spyware to bring in income.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
There was one area I think KSP really missed out on. If they had made some sort of campaign to create bases on other planets, resource gathering and expanding out to the stars. I think that would have really sucked a lot more life out of me. As it stood I spent a good number of hours and still never made it very far. The learning curve was real.

iannis

Musty Nester
I didn't get into kerbal, so this is a question. Does it need a 2?

Further development, more ways for the green goofballs to die, reinvigorate a modding community?

Lithobraking made me chuckle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lithobraking is an actual thing, although it clearly means something very different when it involves a kerbal. I'm still a big fan of spontaneous unplanned rapid disassembly.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I didn't get into kerbal, so this is a question. Does it need a 2?

Further development, more ways for the green goofballs to die, reinvigorate a modding community?

Lithobraking made me chuckle.

Interview sounds like the original devs will KEEP working on KSP1 while this new team releases KSP2---which is lol.

I'm hoping it's because this new game has a ton more scope with asteroid mining and colonization and even interstellar travel and NOT because KSP2 is dumbed down to be more accessible for a broader audience.

But if it's the latter then it's good that Squad is still working on KSP1.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The current team has done a decent job since the purchase. The DLC don’t feel odd or different. The colonization aspect will help with a progression part of the game for me and something I had hoped they would do.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My only complaint would be that the 'expansions' are pretty light on content for 15 bucks and never on sale. (They are, of course, on sale as I type this)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So the early 2023 release has turned out to be a stripped down bare bones "early access" version of KSP2 which seems to be nothing more than a late beta version of KSP1 with some graphical updates. No multiplayer, no colonization, no science etc. just basic building of rockets like early KSP.

First it was supposed to be released sometime late 2021
Then delayed til late 2022
Then delayed again til early 2023
Then the early 2023 release date actually turns out to be "early access" at the clearly early access price of $49.99

Its pretty damn obvious they are throwing a turd out the door merely to meet investor/corporate requirements(they promised ksp2 release q1 2023 in a earnings report conference call last year) and wiping their hands clean of this mess with the "early access" label.

Last edited:
  • 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users