Kevin Smith Suffers Massive Heart Attack (Feb '18).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: An Evening with Kevin Smith (2002)

Tagline: Silent Bob Speaks

Genre: Comedy, Documentary

Director: J.M. Kenny

Release: 2002-12-17

Runtime: 224

Plot: Kevin Smith interacts in Q&A sessions throughout various college stops in the USA.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Guys been massively overweight for years. Hopefully he gets his shit together after this.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Guys been massively overweight for years. Hopefully he gets his shit together after this.
?

You realize dude has lost a ton of weight last few years. He just still wears baggy ass clothes. Not that it hasn't taken it's toll, but dude has been trying.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm. He quit smoking and juiced his way down a 100+ pounds.

Wonder if it was a John Popper thing and almost went out jacking off too hard.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I lost a lot of respect for him when he pitched that fit over an airline telling he was too fat for a single seat.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I lost a lot of respect for him when he pitched that fit over an airline telling he was too fat for a single seat.

Did he pitch a fit? He is usually self depricating and the first person to call himself a fat ass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
accurate-human-heart-3d-model-obj-3ds-fbx-blend-dae.jpg

#metoo

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I love Kevin, and used to listen to his podcast all the time. I remember clearly him talking about that event.

Kevin was a fat guy, but at the time of the airplane thing, he wasn't 'that' fat. He could buckle his belt without using a belt extender. That said, he owns one because he likes it loser instead of being snug at all.
Also, he's a small guy (I was surprised how short he was when I met him). But he always purchases 2 seats so he has room for all his extra shit. In that flight, he purchased 2 seats. But they overbooked the fight, and they gave his purchased extra seat that he had already claimed to another passenger just to fit someone else on board. He complained to the stewardess about that. And that's what caused the whole situation with "too fat to fly" and him getting kicked off for being fat.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Really glad he is going to pull through. I have a great affection for him, even though he can be out there some times. He had such a great run, and can be so insightful and smart, its a total package thing.

He has genetics going against him; this is the same thing that killed his dad. The thing with SouthWest was them being vindictive after he complained. In the years before I met my now-wife, as I heard the story, they kicked her off a flight for being "disruptive", when "disruptive" meant dressing somewhat punk rock and not taking shit from the stewardess about something stupid.

• 1Solidarity

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
The airplane thing was ages and 85lbs ago for Smith, he's been on a no-sugar diet for awhile now.
2A20729E00000578-0-image-m-32_1435722776024.jpg

Hopefully he pulls through, he's one of the most positive guys in Hollywood and actually interacts with fans.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is what you get for praising the phantom menace

Last edited:
  • 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Damn, Harley became pretty. She used to be very much the opposite. Yes, she was young, but I didn't see much of a future for her in the looks department.

Premiere+Paramount+Pictures+Marvel+Entertainment+62dN425jrXrx.jpg
30908AE700000578-0-image-m-26_1453747567363.jpg

• 1Picard

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Him and Jay were at the last con I went to. Dude seemed like he was getting his health on. He was not at all what I expected seeing him live, and in person, vs his podcast/TV/movies. Fairly down to earth, and not really afraid to say something crude or possibly "social media shame" worthy. Jay is a fuckin' spaz and was only on stage for the last 12 minutes of the hour. Paced back and forth, rambled, talked about his drug addiction, praised the shit out of Kevin for saving his life. Was literally talking to a friend last night about how Kevin Smith needed to join up with Quentin Tarantino to make a Batman movie...

• 2Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I still think Kevin should direct a Star Wars story.

Not that Disney would hire him, but I think he'd do a hell of a job.

Cybsled

I saw him at a comic signing forever ago at the now defunct Words and Pictures museum (basically a comic museum created by Kevin Eastman...was pretty cool, had the ninja turtle movie costumes and master splinter there from the original live action films). Ben Edlund was also there at the signing and I got a Tick sketch from him /w the autograph.

Anyways, I was there with a girl I had a previous summer fling with and she was a ultra Kevin Smith fangirl. She had some giant sized Spanish poster for Chasing Amy for him to sign because it was the only Kevin Smith movie poster we could find on short notice at the mall. So she gets up there and starts having a "OMG" squeeing fangirl moment and literally everyone in the room just stops and is looking at her wondering wtf is happening. She asks to pinch his stomach and he is like fuck no, so she asks if she can pinch his cheek and he is like uh sure, so she does that while he has a "wut" expression and she is all "EEEEEEEE". He basically tells her she needs to chill a bit and went all deluxe on the poster (defaced Ben Affleck's face, drew boobs on another character, then signed the poster telling her to calm the fuck down). Was like 20 years ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still remembered that lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Never met him, but listened to his podcast for a few years when it came out. Funny motherfucker. Always been a fan and think his episodes of Flash and Supergirl are some of the best they've done simply because he's such a comic geek. I'm also pretty sure I call everyone "sir" because of him. There's something about respect that he exudes naturally even while being funny and crass.

Hope he pulls through, world needs another Jay and Silent Bob movie.

• 2Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database