Kia Niro vs Kia Sportage

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I know this isn't the most exciting thread, but the lease on my Kia Sorento is about to expire. I'm going to stick with Kia, and I'm eyeing up the Niro or the Sportage. Does anyone own one and have any input on the 2017 model? I'm probably going to wait and get the 2018 model. I'm going to buy this time I'm done with leasing. It looks like the Niro is just a mid size SUV with a slim down engine.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Nothing wrong with a Kia.

Niros engine is pretty weak (no surprise since its a hybrid) so dont expect to do any towing, etc. it probably makes more sense to think of it as a large raised hatchback, rather than a SUV

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I know this isn't the most exciting thread, but the lease on my Kia Sorento is about to expire. I'm going to stick with Kia, and I'm eyeing up the Niro or the Sportage. Does anyone own one and have any input on the 2017 model? I'm probably going to wait and get the 2018 model. I'm going to buy this time I'm done with leasing. It looks like the Niro is just a mid size SUV with a slim down engine.

Is the KIA Stinger getting a release any time soon? https://www.whatcar.com/kia/stinger/hatchback/review/Kia Stinger review 2017 | What Car?