Kickstarter campaign thingie

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
Hi guys! I hope that threads like this arent frowned upon - its essentially just me promoting a good friend of mines album, and his related kickstarter campaign.. If this is a no no let me know and I will delete the thread.

Anywho my friend, named Logan Anderson, is a cool dude that does some really neat stuff musically. He is passionate about life and tends to have an urge to create something artistic - in addition to music he does paintings and other artsy stuff. He is currently working on his second album, and has a kickstarter going to try to help fund the costs associated with it.

HERES THE COOL STUFF: He makes EVERY sound himself - from playing all percussion drums to piano to flute, singing, and EVERY other sound you hear on his tracks. For example, he went up to the a lake near where we live and recorded the wind, and then used the sounds to create an atmospheric background to one of his songs. He once put a plastic bag on the bottom of one of his drums and recorded the sound that it made when he ran his hand back and forth across it - which he then used on a song. He does all of his own editing using his laptop - Ive watched his skills grow over the years as he learns how to do more and more. The only time that you ever hear anything that wasnt directly 100% made by him is when he has a guest artist playing an instrument or singing. So, everything you hear is original, no samples, no drum kit packs, etc.

In addition, while he does tend to have a certain "sound" or genre that he tends to fall into, he does a fair bit of experimentation as well. I think his biggest strength lies in the production of it all - some of his songs are these amazing sweeping epic productions, that can give you similar feelings to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Other songs (typically the ones with him singing) are more personal, emotional, and deep.

If I were to assign a genre to him, it might be indie rock, but who the fuck even knows these days with genres right? Some of his stuff sounds like it belongs as the theme song to a movie, some of it is indie rockish, some has a poppy sound, and a couple of his songs stray into the electronic side of things.

Here is a link to his soundcloud page to give an example of some of his sounds...https://soundcloud.com/loganna-andersonThe first track he has posted isnt *my* favorite, I think the 2nd one (in a dream) is a good example of some of what he does, and the 4th track (relapse) is one of my favorites of his for sure.

If you like what you hear, and feel like perhaps helping out a small town dude with his big dreams, please check out his kickstarter page
smile.png

Logan Anderson's second album, "The Company" by Logan Anderson Kickstarter

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
I might also add that I particularly dig the last track on his soundcloud page - Nomad. The tunes on there are mostly from the one other album he released, witha few unreleased tracks thrown in as well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Listened to Free. It's tepid. You're a good friend, but I don't feel strongly enough about it. Good luck with that.

RandAlThor420_sl

shitlord
Listened to Free. It's tepid. You're a good friend, but I don't feel strongly enough about it. Good luck with that.
And thanks for listening/the feedback - I appreciate it! I think my friend is going to get better and better if he keeps at it (obviously a successful kickstarter campaign will help!) Personal opinion his songs are on the cusp of being really good, but some songs are THERE, and nearly every song has its moments. Definitely some good sounds to be heard
smile.png