Kickstarter (yea another) - Hyper Light Drifter - 2D-ish action-rpg dark-pixelarty

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually haven't looked at the other kickstarter threads so dunno if there's a "format" to use, but this seems like the type of game other people here would love to play:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-light-drifter

It'll probably be the first kickstarter game I throw money at, as I have a job now and it looks fantastic to me. It's actually already way over funding so it'll likely hit Steam at some point if you hate kickstarter.

rrr_img_43393.jpg

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how hard it is the work on a 2D pixel game, but it sounds like it offers a lot for a small amount of money.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, debating whether I want the nice $40 game + every-cool-thing donation or just like $10/15 for the game or game + some purty pictures. I don't think I'll regret it either way honestly.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well at $40 you get a second key or whatever so you can give it to someone else, especially if co-op gets implemented.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If co-op gets implemented, I think it would be harder to meet my expectations, because then I'd be comparing it to playing Secret of Mana back when I was 11 or whatever :p One can hope, though.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well it reached its $100,000 co-op goal, added a few more things and now at $220,000 it will be made for Vita/PS4 as well. If you pledge $15 now you get a PC and either a PS4/Vita version (is how it sounds anyways, but the text is not updated to reflect that yet).

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy crap that was fast. I blame Neogaf. It was at like $50,000 or something when I looked this morning.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is great. Bosses are pretty impossible until you get an upgrade or two. Art style is straight up beautiful and Disasterpeace wrote a killer soundtrack.

It feels like a fusion of Fez and Zelda. Also the combat is fast and pretty satisfying, I just beat the first boss and got the laser rifle which is sweet to use in combination with the sword (which charges your gun).

Cons...you will be a little confused at first (game has no dialogue and the map is confusing) and possibly frustrated by the boss fights.

Aesthetically the game is gorgeous and the combat is fun, so buy it for those two alone.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I backed it at a pretty moderate tier but can't play it
frown.png
Crashes every time I enter a name for a new game. Tried a bunch of variables but so far nothing has worked. There's a few people having this issue but looks like it's not super wide spread. There was a beta patch today so will try more when I get home I guess.

Bumpity bump.

Anyone still playing? This just came on my radar last week when a friend bought it for me, somehow completely missed it before then. ~10 mins into it and digging the art style, gameplay, and the opening cinematic.

Kotaku succinctly summarized it with "Fez in the streets, Dark Souls in the sheets."