Killing Floor 2

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

Played the shit out of the first will no doubt play the shit out of this.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Nice! I had fun with KF, especially on modded servers with 20+ players where you could level up beyond the original game and get bonuses.

Incidentally, I've always wanted a multiplayer FPS game that revolved around building defensive positions, except more complex than that KF is (i.e. simply welding doors.)

Doesn't seem to be much around that I know of, though.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Garry's Mod does have a play mode called, "Zombie Invasion" or something like that. It's a game mode where you start off as human defending an area from zombie attacks played by real players. (Some servers may have additional bots with further modding.)

Zombies have a limited number of "lives" to use up as they die and humans have to outlast those lives. Humans/Zombies gain resources for outlasting or completing certain objectives. (Depends on the server and it's mods) This allows zombies to evolve into stronger/bigger/specialty zombies or for humans to get better weapons, defenses, and other gimmicks. (Can vary greatly what they are depending on server mods once again.)

It's fun but can feel unpolished given the feel of most Gmod add-ons/game modes.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
never played the first one, this looks like good clean fun
smile.png
I'm in for this!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just noticed this is out (in beta, er, early access, of course) on Steam for $29. Gonna research it a bit first and see if it's worth buying, I've done zero reading on it. Anyone tried it yet?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I just noticed this is out (in beta, er, early access, of course) on Steam for $29. Gonna research it a bit first and see if it's worth buying, I've done zero reading on it. Anyone tried it yet?
I'm tempted because of how much time and enjoyment I got out of the first game......but early access no matter who the dev is causes me to pause.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Picked it up because I love this series and the developer.

It's pretty basic right now, 3 maps, and only a handful of weapons.

A few thoughts:

-gore is awesome, it appears the blood and guts persist throughout the game
-gunplay feels good to me
-sprinting looks retarded, maxing out FOV remedies this somewhat
-all the medic guns look like futuristic stuff, not really my cup of tea, but not that bad.
-new scrake is awesome. scared me good the first time I saw him.
-new animations (I saw special zed animations for battering the doors open

-when you get grabbed, you get spun around and have the option to melee with your gun. Felt kinda console-y, but again, not that big a deal

-character customization is basic, but it looks like you can pick character, hair/tattoo, colors, and accessories. It's still limited to what they give you, but I can see this getting fleshed out.

-more voice actors, and more commenting by the characters..but it's actually useful (pointing our ammo armor guns)

-it feels like there are fewer zeds on screen, but that could be adjusting from hard back down to the easier difficulties.

-leveling is way faster, but there are also more levels, and it looks like you unlocks perks you can pick and choose from
-no firebug, but there is a flamethrower

-you start with a weapon appropriate to your class. Commando gets a surprisingly not terrible AR to start with for example

the current last boss (not the patriarch) is a bastard.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
My friends and I are having a great time playing this. Supposedly more maps and bosses as well as 6 more classes coming before full release at the end of the year.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
My friends and I are having a great time playing this. Supposedly more maps and bosses as well as 6 more classes coming before full release at the end of the year.
Only thing holding me back from getting this game right now is the lack of content for it, because its early access.

Tol_sl

shitlord
The content is low due to EA, but if you liked KF, you'll like this. KF1 is my most played steam game, and the dev support for it is phenomenal. It started with only 5 maps as well, and twice a year for 4-5 years they added new maps and weapons, mostly free (with some sidegrades and cosmetics being charged for near the end.)