King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Drama, Action

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Charlie Hunnam, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, Jude Law, Djimon Hounsou, Eric Bana, Aidan Gillen, Freddie Fox, Craig McGinlay, Tom Wu, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Neil Maskell, Annabelle Wallis, Zac Barker, Oliver Barker, Geoff Bell, Poppy Delevingne, Millie Brady, Nicola Wren, Wil Coban, Bleu Landau, Jacqui Ainsley, Lorraine Bruce, Georgina Campbell, Rob Knighton, Michael Hadley, David Beckham, Katie McGrath, Alan Turkington, Peter Ferdinando, Michael McElhatton, Mikael Persbrandt, Charlie Rawes, James Warren, Ellie Graham, Hermione Corfield, Kamil Lemieszewski, Eline Powell, Kalle Hennie, Peter Guinness, Mark Umbers, Adrian Bouchet, Florence Bell, Anna Brooks Beckman, Cordelia Bugeja, Rebecca Calder, Cristian Lazar, Lee Nicholas Harris, Chris Marchant, Gintare Beinoraviciute, Alice E. Mayer, Pip Phillips, Claira Watson Parr, Ruolan Zhang, Alphonso Austin, Raed Abbas, Rudy Barrow, Steve Barnett, Gregor Babic, Daniel Stisen, Joel Bryant, Perry Burke, Dacio Caballero, Randeep Chana, Lucy Chappell, Jamie Ben Chambers, Pedro Caxade, Nick Cornwall, Tom Coulston, Karl Farrer, Edward Mannering, Brendan McCoy, Harry Palmer

Release: 2017-03-22

Plot: The young Arthur runs the back passages of Londonium with his crew, not knowing his royal lineage until he grabs Excalibur. Instantly confronted by the sword’s influence, Arthur is forced to make up his mind. Throwing in with the Resistance and an enigmatic young woman named Guinevere, he must learn to master the sword, face down his demons and unite the people to defeat the tyrant Vortigern — who murdered his parents and stole his crown — and become king.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
looks like a cgi crapfest.

Also lol at all the GOT actors: Roose and Littlefinger. Pandering much?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm confused, is this like a hodgepodge of Uther and Arthur or something?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has a big Immortals vibe to it, in my opinion. Which was mostly forgettable minus the sweet Tartarus cage opening scene.

Column_sl

shitlord
Only thing its going for it is it's a Guy Ritchie film so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

I wish he would go back to his roots with Snatch, and Lock/Stock instead of the high budget popcorn films.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Looks like a worse Sherlock to me, complete with slow mo pit fighting, folk-ish music, and Jude Law.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Just re-release Excalibur and cut to the chase

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Trailer confused the fuck out of me, but 99% chance I go see it anyway because I'm a sucker for anything Arthurian.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
My expectations based on that trailer are pretty low, but I would really like for this to be decent.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want to like it (have always enjoyed the story of Arthur) and the cast looks good. But, there's just no way they can do the story justice in 2 hours. How much random jumping around between scenes, cutting important bits short in the interest of time, and random bullshit are they going to put in? I hate - hate - the idea of everything being a damn trilogy or series these days, but the "story" could easily span 3 movies and be done well. In just one? Doubt it.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
That looks awful. But I'm still going. I figure a Jaeger might show up at some point.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database