Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

The wait is almost over. This is the 3rd and final HD release of ALL of the previous Kingdom Hearts games. It comes out soon, then they're going to finish up Kingdom Hearts 3.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - This includes:
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Japan only version of Kingdom Hearts 1)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (From the Game Boy Advance, then later a PS2 version)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS game, but only the video story features were included with 1.5 Remix)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix - This includes:
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (Japan only version of Kingdom Hearts 2)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix (Sony PSP game)
Kingdom Hearts Re: coded (Nintendo DS game, but only the video story features were included with 2.5 Remix)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - This includes:
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (Nintendo 3DS game)
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage (brand new game that they designed to take place immediately after the hidden ending of the original Birth By Sleep Final Mix game, and help bridge the gap between that ending and the start of Kingdom Hearts III. The length of this new game is roughly 1 "world" from the previous games.)
Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (A game from Japan released only for web browsers. It takes place 100 years before the original Kingdom Hearts, to give additional back story. This is a "video only" version of that game)

Speaking of KH3, here's a link to that thread directly.
Kingdom Hearts III

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Why was this moved to the MMOPRG forum? This is a game for either the PS4, and it's single player only.

Please move it back.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really wanted to get into the KH series but I always got tired of the combat. Might try it out though.

Are you saying 2.8 includes all of the previous games? I have found anything that corroborates that

Last edited:

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya according to Squeenix it is just the 3DS game Dream Drop Distance in HD, a kingdom hearts movie and a new playable episode of Birth By Sleep that connects to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really wanted to get into the KH series but I always got tired of the combat. Might try it out though.

Are you saying 2.8 includes all of the previous games? I have found anything that corroborates that
There are 3 games total that include all of the previous games.

KH1.5, KH 2.5 & the soon to be released KH2.8. I broke down in the initial post what games each of the 3 have. Keep in mind that 1.5 & 2.5 are for the PlayStation 3 only.

Siliconemelons

Okay, like - I started to get into KH and then it just went to the moon and back with crazy plot convolutedness - will this finally be a streamlined and actually playable series with this edition?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
lol, good luck with that. May as well just watch the KH summary from Gametrailers. It only took them an hour to sort out it.

Siliconemelons

yup I think that will do it... back to not caring about it once I finish watching that.

I watched a summary a few games back with the 2nd WTF where did this come from random mobile or Gameboy title.