King's Raid

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
King's Raid - Android Apps on Google Play

/unlurk

I usually get all my mobile gaming suggestions from this forum. I was surprised to see this game wasn't featured here. Figured I'd contribute. This has replaced Summoner's War for me.

The game is surprisingly high quality, minus the poor localization. Mostly standard fare for a Gacha mobile RPG but feels much more f2p than anything else I've played. The only major thing behind the Gacha wall are the heroes Unique Weapons. You get the heroes gradually on an average 2-3 week time period. If you choose to invest, you can purchase outright.

There's also lots of fan service if you're into that sorta thing.

/lurk

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Just started this last week. Was also surprised I didn't see it mentioned. Really enjoying it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Have kinda been enjoying this the past couple of days. Runs super smooth, they give you tons of STA potions and other materials through current event being run, dailies, weeklies, and other Quests/Missions/Achievements.

It does seem more tied to character and item advancement than pulling the super rare Hero that you gotta have. Most (all?) Heroes you can buy directly with Gems if you want to.

There is a lot of currency to manage and keys for different activities:

- Stockade in daily class rotation for skill level up books
- Royal Chanber for Gold farming
- Upper dungeons for Rune farming for characters awakening / advancements
- Tower of Challenges for other equipment farming
- Tower of Ordeals for another piece of character advancement
- Arena, couple of different types
- Dragon raids
- World bosses
- Friend list Amity trading
- Relationship building to recruit heroes

Feel like I’m missing one or two others. It’s more that there is enough to do than it is overly confusing or anything.

Right now I’m kind of stuck at a point in the 4th map where I think I need to level up the team more, but two members are stuck at 3* level 40 because you need to 4* them to go from 41 - 50. And need more materials for that.

Haven’t joined a guild yet but looks like this hasn’t picked up much interest here. Genre is pretty damn saturated.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
The chunk of us that hang out in line chat have already picked it up and moved on, which is probably why it never really gained traction. Game was plenty fun and I really enjoyed it when I played but I just stopped logging in one day and that was that. If I remember correctly that was the prevailing sentiment from the majority of everyone else as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i started playing phone RPGs pretty early on, and while they have come a long way from the days of gaming on my Blackberry, there is definitely some genre fatigue with this shit. this one is just like all the others just a little bit better, right?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
i started playing phone RPGs pretty early on, and while they have come a long way from the days of gaming on my Blackberry, there is definitely some genre fatigue with this shit. this one is just like all the others just a little bit better, right?

Yeah I’d say so.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't played a mobile game religiously for a good while now and downloaded this out of boredom. Been stuck on this for 4 days now, damn you lol.

There is no way to target specific mobs right? Your heroes will auto-attack whoever they want, or am I doing something wrong? I know there are some skills that target the furthest mobs, but is that it?

I got Mediana's & Selene's UWs and I've been hoarding my rubies to grab Mediana, is that a good choice? I'm really not digging Frey as a healer. Currently have a little over 5,300 rubies. My team right now is 3* Frey, 4* Nyx, *4 Epis, 4* Clause.

Also what's up with this christmas event.... They should have added another way for newer players to farm jingle bells. That Roi dungeon is brutal, can't even get passed the tigers, lol.

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played a mobile game religiously for a good while now and downloaded this out of boredom. Been stuck on this for 4 days now, damn you lol.

There is no way to target specific mobs right? Your heroes will auto-attack whoever they want, or am I doing something wrong? I know there are some skills that target the furthest mobs, but is that it?

I got Mediana's & Selene's UWs and I've been hoarding my rubies to grab Mediana, is that a good choice? I'm really not digging Frey as a healer. Currently have a little over 5,300 rubies. My team right now is 3* Frey, 4* Nyx, *4 Epis, 4* Clause.

Also what's up with this christmas event.... They should have added another way for newer players to farm jingle bells. That Roi dungeon is brutal, can't even get passed the tigers, lol.

You wanna spend your rubies on Upper Dungeon refreshes and Loot boosters. Most efficently popping booster 30minutes prior to reset, running all your uppers, (2-3 refreshes) letting it resetting and running them for the next day. Fragments are your biggest wall to hero progression. Spending rubies buying heroes is not suggested unless you're purchasing regularly.

Yeah there is no targetting to speak of. But abilities like epis' s2 takes her to the back line to attack there.

As far as for the event, it's designed to have something to offer early and mid-game players but only end game players will be able to claim all the big rewards from the event due to being able to farm the harder content. Vespa has posted that they've received alot of vocal feedback about players being unable to complete the event, and will be posting about tweaks before the end of the tomorrow (8th).

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Also this event has a 5k ruby package coming out that is supposed to be killer value.

I like Frey as my healer at 4* level 46 and decent equip. I’ve got two 3* hero tickets and am not sure who to redeem. With Clause, Epis, Cleo, and Frey.

Also keep in mind the 7.7M gold fragment package in store. It refreshes twice a month and 7.7 really isn’t hard to come by.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
You wanna spend your rubies on Upper Dungeon refreshes and Loot boosters. Most efficently popping booster 30minutes prior to reset, running all your uppers, (2-3 refreshes) letting it resetting and running them for the next day. Fragments are your biggest wall to hero progression. Spending rubies buying heroes is not suggested unless you're purchasing regularly.

Yeah there is no targetting to speak of. But abilities like epis' s2 takes her to the back line to attack there.

As far as for the event, it's designed to have something to offer early and mid-game players but only end game players will be able to claim all the big rewards from the event due to being able to farm the harder content. Vespa has posted that they've received alot of vocal feedback about players being unable to complete the event, and will be posting about tweaks before the end of the tomorrow (8th).

Yeah I've definitely hit that hero progression wall, so use rubies on Upper Dungeon resets, got it.

They fixed the Christmas Roi dungeon also. His easy mode level now starts at 40, cool.

What is the easiest way to level up gear? I've been running raids and using the enhance fragments that drop. Should I be grinding the lower gear I get for dust?

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
Enhancing gear comes with the amount of time you grind. I suggest only using purple gear and higher to feed into gear, at t5+ blue gear and under provides too little progress to warrant the gold requirement to enhance. Enhancement crystals are very good as well.

Spamming raids is great for getting duplicate gear to awaken your current gear. Keep the substats of gear in mind as you get to t5. You'll prolly be raiding more by then, and fully enhancing your first red dragon X with garbage substats sucks once you get another one with much better substats and then need fodder to fully enhance the new one.

If you didn't know, Vespa is okay with players playing the game on Android emulators. I play on my pc at home, they've also stated they're okay with macro usage. So you can set up macros to use up your regenerating energy on whatever you're currently grinding when you're away for maximum value.

• 1Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Yeah been playing it on nox all day today... during the week I have to play on my phone and can't even make it through a full hot time without draining almost all of my battery.

I'm on chapter 6 now... it's getting really grindy, but I'm still enjoying it. I hear once you can do hell mode the xp comes a lot quicker.

Also getting into the PvP and I can see myself really enjoying that, but will need to build a team specifically for that... so that will take some time.

• 1Like

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Enhancing gear comes with the amount of time you grind. I suggest only using purple gear and higher to feed into gear, at t5+ blue gear and under provides too little progress to warrant the gold requirement to enhance. Enhancement crystals are very good as well.

Spamming raids is great for getting duplicate gear to awaken your current gear. Keep the substats of gear in mind as you get to t5. You'll prolly be raiding more by then, and fully enhancing your first red dragon X with garbage substats sucks once you get another one with much better substats and then need fodder to fully enhance the new one.

If you didn't know, Vespa is okay with players playing the game on Android emulators. I play on my pc at home, they've also stated they're okay with macro usage. So you can set up macros to use up your regenerating energy on whatever you're currently grinding when you're away for maximum value.

I just picked this up and have a team of 4/5* with T4/T5 gear. Is there any reason to keep the old red/yellow T1-T3 gear? I've been using old purple gear for feeding but I'm not sure if I should be feeding and/or grinding my old yellow/red gear.

• 1Like

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
I just picked this up and have a team of 4/5* with T4/T5 gear. Is there any reason to keep the old red/yellow T1-T3 gear? I've been using old purple gear for feeding but I'm not sure if I should be feeding and/or grinding my old yellow/red gear.

The only reason I've regretted getting rid of old gear is putting it on new heroes that I've acquired that are low levels than my current team.I rarely used them currently, so it's not a big deal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Having fun with this on the shitter, Arch is by far my best hero at level 45ish - this thing is the biggest iphone battery killer I've ever seen though. Makes the phone really hot and drains it faster than P&D, Mario Jump, etc

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I had a long drive and family visit to look forward to for the holidays and came here for mobile game suggestions. Gachas are typically too transparently p2w for my taste, but I figured I’d at least try King’s Raid since you all received it well.

Today marks 5 days played, and I’m still really enjoying myself. There’s a perfect amount of stuff to do without feeling overwhelming. And the best part is the premium currency doesn’t allow you to speed your progress up enough to justify buying a ton of it. So far I’ve bought 1 one-time-only starter pack for $8.99 (because I decided I will be playing this for at least a couple more weeks) and 1 $4.99 UW box (because impulse purchase).

The game allows you to automate combat and pretty much all “grindy” progression. Automation seemed like it would be something I’d hate, but I’ve got Kings Raid running on Nox 24/7 now. When my stamina refills my crew auto repeats dungeon farming while I work. There’s something extremely satisfying about progressing my characters while I’m away from the game and doing legitimately productive things.

The early game suffers from having too few heroes. The dearth of choice and skills makes combat seem rote and uninteresting. Once you’ve got a couple more heroes to choose from, combat really opens up. I’m not ashamed to admit that I feel clever and accomplished when my hand picked, well complemented team easily breaks through previously insurmountable progression roadblocks.

Overall the game is designed really well and a lot of fun. It’s worth mentioning that the localization leaves much to be desired, but I don’t find it nearly as distracting as when I first started playing. The developers have garnered a lot of good faith because of their enthusiasm and community engagement.

Tl;dr: I’d recommend the game to anyone who is even the tiniest bit interested in gachas or mobile RPGs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They did a significant rework of progression time and how transcendence works in today’s patch. It’s worth checking out if you enjoyed the game but put it down.

• 1Like

trendkiller123

Trakanon Raider
Info has recently been released about plans for the upcoming update. More f2p-friendly changes. More energy capacity based on heroes owned, cheaper stamina potions, new max energy stamina potions, even easier hero progression for early game players, among other things.

There's also a huge 1-year anniversary event coming in a week (starting 2-12 i think) with huge currency and progression item giveaways. Great time to come back or get into the game.

Vespa is continuing to show the community that it is valued dearly with all the frequent changes based on feedback and giveaways. Very refreshing compared to other gacha devs who seem to be worried more about further monetization over gameplay improvements.

• 1Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
I'm still balls deep in this game. Farmed a Gladi and working on his UW now. Lol. Usually I burn out after a few weeks but this has managed to still hold my attention, and I've still got a lot of content available as far as heroes to build and climbing PVP, WB, GRH.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I broke top 5% on world boss this week. My guild opened guild raid hard but it's not looking like we'll be able to even clear the 2nd boss. Half the roster has 0 damage :|

• 1Like