Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (2016)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Drama, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Takeshi Nozue

Cast: Go Ayano, Shiori Kutsuna, Ayumi Fujimura, Keiji Fujiwara, Kouichi Yamadera, Shozo Iizuka, Tomokazu Seki, Yuichi Nakamura, Wataru Takagi, Tsutomu Isobe, Mitsuaki Kanuka, Fuminori Komatsu, Banjou Ginga

Release: 2016-07-09

Runtime: 115

Plot: The magical kingdom of Lucis is home to the world’s last remaining Crystal, and the menacing empire of Niflheim is determined to steal it. King Regis of Lucis commands an elite force of soldiers called the Kingsglaive. Wielding their king’s magic, they fight to protect Lucis. As the overwhelming military might of the empire bears down, King Regis is faced with an impossible ultimatum – to marry his son, Prince Noctis to Princess Lunafreya of Tenebrae, captive of Niflheim, and surrender his lands to Niflheim rule. Although the king concedes, it becomes clear that the empire will stop at nothing to achieve their devious goals, with only the Kingsglaive standing between them and world domination.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siliconemelons

Every FF we make is getting less and less popular!!

Okay, we have done everything! we make things newer and newer and the plots more and more convoluted and less boring old "direct" story telling! everything is inferred with signature anime facial expressions and grunts, no complete sentences etc.

FF15 ... its a big one guys lets throw everything we have at it we must use all our exp from final fantasy 8 to now!

"But shouldn't we do something, ya know - really classic? like when our brand and company was high and growing?"

Yes, FF9...if you shoehorn a crystal into the story everyone from the 80's and 90's will love it because that's CLASSIC FF!

"umm..no sir.."

OKAY LETS ROCK! and make a movie to try and explain the plot as its a total mess in the actual game...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I've played a Final Fantasy game since the early 90s, but for whatever reason I really like the CGI for the movies. Actually saw Spirits Within in the theater even. I'll wait for download, and probably won't have a fucking clue what is actually going on, but I'll watch it because the style pleases me.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Advent Children was straight to video, and used the most popular characters and story in FF history. Despite that they weren't dumb enough to go for a Feature again.

But I'm not being a dick, I really, really hope you're right. Final Fantasy is something I wish I could share with my friends and kids, it's some of the best storytelling of my generation and for fucks sake it's so god damned inaccessible to regular folks.

Siliconemelons

Advent Children Complete v2.0. They do all right when based on an actual Final Fantasy story.
I suppose the "plot" is okay in Advent Children - but they could have done so much more than what they did... with the stuff they did in the "completion" of FF7 you would have thought that AC would have something to do with, ya know what all the other stuff did- but nope. Also the end of the fight was dumb Cloud would have been dead- and you cant tell me Sepheroth cant aim for the heart? It would have made more sense that Sepheroth was "shocked" by the final attack if Cloud did ask Zack for help and Seph saw Zack's image over Clouds or something, or Zack was part of the attack - but no Cloud is Jesus yo.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cloud has fought and killed dragons and destroyed giant mechs using just his sword. Getting a little sword stuck through him (happened before!) is just another day at the office.

Advent Children was decent, although just complete fan service. Spirits Within wasn't bad; it just wasn't even remotely "Final Fantasy." This at least looks sort of Final Fantasy-ish, so hey, it might be decent to alright.

Siliconemelons

Cloud has fought and killed dragons and destroyed giant mechs using just his sword. Getting a little sword stuck through him (happened before!) is just another day at the office.

Advent Children was decent, although just complete fan service. Spirits Within wasn't bad; it just wasn't even remotely "Final Fantasy." This at least looks sort of Final Fantasy-ish, so hey, it might be decent to alright.
In AC:Complete he get stabbed like 50 times and is bleeding out all over the damn floor... but whatever tis FF7 and tis Anime.

Spirits Within was actually good imo and the story was fairly good- but I also like Blue Gender and there is quite a bit of parallel between those two. They are both typical anime trope of humanity forced to leave earth and live in a space station/ship/moon/whatever + small earth based colony's/survivors and try and retake earth via force/technology and the answer is reverting back to a more natural co-existence with earth and the technological side usually ends up destroying itself and reverting the human race back to a very small population rebuild in a natural co-existent form.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seems like someone checked in on development and found out that the opening movie was 3 hours long. Probably the guy who fixed FF14. So he told them to go make the damned game and this movie is here to recoup losses.

Or the game make no sense without reading datalogs again so this is here because they forgot how to make a protagonist like Tidus and/or a teacher like Quistis to have the world explained.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Or the game make no sense without reading datalogs again so this is here because they forgot how to make a protagonist like Tidus and/or a teacher like Quistis to have the world explained.
Close, but not quite.

I bet it was more like "Hey guys, we've taken forever on this game, but there's a whole chunk of the story going on back in the original city that we just don't have time to finish, what should we do?

DLC? No, we've been getting recent backlash about that.
FFXV-2? No way, we got even worse backlash about that.
How about we save money by not even bothering with the game engine and just make it all CGI to release it as a movie? Yeah!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah makes total sense.

They had this shit in FF12 where you got to watch some boring political dialogue unconnected to the story every so often, because they did it in FFT expect in FF12 they don't surprise you by turning into epic fucking impossible boss demons you fight. Maybe they just took it all out of the game and movie'd it up because they already spent years making the boring political dialogue pretty, I just hope that it links back to the game play and sets up some cool characters/bosses.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm.. looking forward to an English animated movie by Square.. which directly ties in to a game.. what is this world coming to?
Love it....you know how I know the old king dies in this movie?
Because he's related to Lena Headey's character?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It looks great. And I was surprised to see Audi present in the world of Final Fantasy.

And no, he dies because he's Sean Bean who dies in EVERYTHING he ever is involved with.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was going for the clever answer but there's always The Martian, Jupiter Descending, Silent Hill, National Treasure, Flightplan, that horrible Olympian one, and probably a few others.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Nah, he died in all of those. Remember in the Martian when Matt Damon & crew were about to touch down back on earth and one of those Mars Attack aliens showed up and impaled Sean Bean with one of those giant Christmas Candy-Cane decorations?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how close CGI is getting to what reality looks like. Might not need actors in the next 30 years at this rate.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database