Knightfall

Cybsled

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
lSjvPYhEgNkQvwuS7JS9oXvrwVJ.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Knightfall[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-11-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Go deep into the clandestine world of the legendary brotherhood of warrior monks known as The Knights Templar.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I came across this today and didn't notice a thread for it. Looks like it might be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Anything to pull History away from Pawn Stars and Ancient Aliens is alright by me. The fact it's a Vikings-esque show about the Military Orders is just icing on the cake.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This starts tonight. You have my mace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I liked it. Like Vikings, it has a complicated relationship with actual history (although they do hit closer to the mark with the costuming), but—also like Vikings—it’s a fun watch.

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seems like a decent show but 150 years of templar history to choose from and they chose the time when there's little to none Deus Vult:ing going around.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I was trying to save the holy grail...but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Every major plot point in the first episode was predictable to the point of laziness but the acting/casting seems decent; some of the accents were very weird for a French setting though. I do hope it gets more interesting.

The quarrel to the knee was pretty funny.

Last edited:

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Writing is bad. So fucking bad. Motherfucking Templars protecting jews in France ?
The main templar character being friends with the king and sleeping with the queen ?
Nogaret being cardboard villain ?
The Holly Grail being a dusky old cup ?
Those close-up shots from inside their helmets ?
The farmboy... oh, don't get me started on the farmboy, such a tired old trope.
How can you fuck up this bad ? Why not make it a serious series with a serious script ?

The fights were actually ok, guess thats a plus.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Eh, sure, the first episode had its share of cliches, but Vikings also started off fairly cliche (farmer defies his social betters and discovers a new land, achieves fame and fortune, brother gets jealous and betrays him, etc., etc.) but still ended up great. There’s enough here that I think Knightfall could do the same thing.