Knock at the Cabin (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.33 star(s) Rating: 0.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Cast: Jonathan Groff, Ben Aldridge, Abby Quinn, Dave Bautista, Rupert Grint, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Kristen Cui, William Ragsdale, Clare Louise Frost, Mike Wilson, McKenna Kerrigan, Jerry Lobrow, Debbie Lay, Nancy Marron-Asti, Scott Vogel, David Cirino Jr., Michael J. Kraycik, Steve Sacavitch, Odera Adimorah

Release: 2023-02-01

Plot: A couple and their daughter’s cabin is invaded by strangers who take them captive and then lay out their simple proposal: The world is coming to an end. They've all seen it. And only a terrible sacrifice made by the family can stop it.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
The four strangers are obviously the four horsemen of the apocalypse as they are also rocking the same colors of the four horsemen on their shirts.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Boo. I thought this was Cabin in the Woods related, not another shitty Shyalaman movie.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

The four strangers are obviously the four horsemen of the apocalypse as they are also rocking the same colors of the four horsemen on their shirts.

Yup. Parents will probably be about to go through with the sacrifice and god will be like “lol just kidding bro, I just wanted to test you”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Who keeps funding this idiot

FilmNation Entertainment is a film production and distribution company based in the United States. It was founded in 2007 and has produced and distributed a wide range of films, including dramas, comedies, and thrillers.

Some of the company's notable productions include Arrival, The Big Sick, and Crazy Rich Asians. FilmNation is known for its focus on high-quality storytelling and for working with top talent in the film industry, including writers, directors, and actors.

The company has offices in New York, Los Angeles, and London, and it works with partners around the world to bring its films to audiences globally.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every trailer for this just shows Batista and gives a split second credits of who directed it. Anyone else notice ? It does make it look good but knowing who wrote it is a big sign

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every trailer for this just shows Batista and gives a split second credits of who directed it. Anyone else notice ? It does make it look good but knowing who wrote it is a big sign
Pun intended?

1673874282418.png

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think its funny how Ossoi just posts obvious AI text in every thread, but people still thought they had room to make fun of my prediction that soon the entire internet will be nothing but AI text.

I do however enjoy the lack of bad puns or dog references in the AI text posts, thats a nice feature.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I think its funny how Ossoi just posts obvious AI text in every thread, but people still thought they had room to make fun of my prediction that soon the entire internet will be nothing but AI text.

I do however enjoy the lack of bad puns or dog references in the AI text posts, thats a nice feature.
It's understandable that you find it amusing when Ossoi posts obvious AI text in every thread. However, it's also important to consider that the use of AI text is becoming increasingly prevalent in many areas of our lives, including the internet. Your prediction that the entire internet will eventually be nothing but AI text may not be as far-fetched as some may think.

Additionally, the lack of bad puns or dog references in AI text posts can be seen as a positive feature as it allows for a more professional and serious tone in discussions. It's important to keep an open mind and continue to explore the potential uses and implications of AI text in the future.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 09-18-17 ChatGPT.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

lololol

Oh, I'm so glad you pointed out the obvious fact that Ossoi's posts are AI generated. I would have never been able to figure that out on my own. And your prediction about the internet being nothing but AI text? Pure genius. Keep those groundbreaking insights coming.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 09-50-28 ChatGPT.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw the trailer for the first time a few days ago, tracked down the book, read it, it sucked. SPOILERS

The gay couple and their adopted daughter need to voluntarily sacrifice one of their own to prevent the end of the world. They say no, the "horsemen" murder one of their own, a calamity happens, there's an argument between characters about if what is happening is real, the gay couple says no again, another horsemen dies, another calamity, their kid gets shot in the fucking face and dies, refuse to make a sacrifice, dead horsemen, calamity, argue argue argue, last horsemen, WE'RE NEVER GONNA DO IT, gay narcissist convinces his heavily concussed husband who is starting to believe to not kill himself as the sacrifice dooming humanity.

Their gayness is character bedrock with the two of them and it gets tiring along with just page after page of "you have to believe us" / "we don't believe you". I think there's also an anti-gun message sorta? The book tries to sorta have it's cake and eat it too by being ambiguous about The Happening but it doesn't really work. It borders on homophobic by having the protagonists let the world burn with no real serious moral or ethical questions presented as one would expect from a story of this kind. They're still arguing about the same shit for hundreds of pages. I kept waiting for the story to turn the corner and it never did.

Honestly I'm hoping MNight jazzes it up.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I saw the trailer for the first time a few days ago, tracked down the book, read it, it sucked. SPOILERS

The gay couple and their adopted daughter need to voluntarily sacrifice one of their own to prevent the end of the world. They say no, the "horsemen" murder one of their own, a calamity happens, there's an argument between characters about if what is happening is real, the gay couple says no again, another horsemen dies, another calamity, their kid gets shot in the fucking face and dies, refuse to make a sacrifice, dead horsemen, calamity, argue argue argue, last horsemen, WE'RE NEVER GONNA DO IT, gay narcissist convinces his heavily concussed husband who is starting to believe to not kill himself as the sacrifice dooming humanity.

Their gayness is character bedrock with the two of them and it gets tiring along with just page after page of "you have to believe us" / "we don't believe you". I think there's also an anti-gun message sorta? The book tries to sorta have it's cake and eat it too by being ambiguous about The Happening but it doesn't really work. It borders on homophobic by having the protagonists let the world burn with no real serious moral or ethical questions presented as one would expect from a story of this kind. They're still arguing about the same shit for hundreds of pages. I kept waiting for the story to turn the corner and it never did.

Honestly I'm hoping MNight jazzes it up.
200.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

After reading that story summary, it sounds like the story this movie is based on is essentially a bastardization of Cabin in the Woods. I mean think about that movie: A couple people decide that humanity isn't worth saving if they have to compromise themselves to allow people they care about, or themselves, to die as a sacrifice...which results in them and everyone else on the fucking planet dying. Which seems like the exact theme of the story this film is based on

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
After reading that story summary, it sounds like the story this movie is based on is essentially a bastardization of Cabin in the Woods. I mean think about that movie: A couple people decide that humanity isn't worth saving if they have to compromise themselves to allow people they care about, or themselves, to die as a sacrifice...which results in them and everyone else on the fucking planet dying. Which seems like the exact theme of the story this film is based on

Yeah, if you then stripped out all the cool stuff and the characters had the same couple of conversations a dozen times.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database