Kojima launching his own studio

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wonder if there's any hope of him getting back together with Guillermo del Toro. Freeing the project from the Silent Hill name wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr: the first software title created by the new kojima productions will be ps4 exclusive

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Whatever it is, I expect it won't be as great as people are hoping. Simply because of the hype people are putting behind Kojima.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
And just like that 90% of people who gave a shit about Konami shifted over instantly as if it was preordained.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wonder if there's any hope of him getting back together with Guillermo del Toro. Freeing the project from the Silent Hill name wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Named Hills of Silence! also :

rrr_img_120022.jpg

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Best case scenario for both parties is that Kojima gets his wish and gets to do something good that's not Metal Gear and Konami puts together a team that does a different take on the Metal Gear universe. Worst case scenario for both is that Kojima blows his budget early and his studio goes bankrupt and Konami does nothing but shitty mobile games filled with micro transactions.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Konami isn't making video games anymore, they're going all in on pachinko machines, and Kojima doesn't own the rights to Metal Gear or Silent Hill.

Sony will probably give Kojima as close to anything he asks for as possible.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sony could still easily either obtain or license the rights to Silent Hills so he could finish it. From rumors and speculation, it was about 60% complete. It would be a waste of assets and he really wanted to make that game. So I doubt it is the last we see of Silent Hills. It's all about the cash.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
But then what franchise will Konami rape to turn into mobile titles and pachinko machines, Ut?

You're not thinking this through brah.

Column_sl

shitlord
The emblem for his new studio looks like a Knights helm. Wonder if it's going to be some kind of Medievelish theme set in the future.

Xalara

Golden Squire
While I dislike Konami's move towards pachinko and mobile I can't blame them for it, they are a business and it makes money. I am also inclined to believe Kojima is not good at project management. All signs indicate he was over budget and late on delivering. He had already had what, 80 million dollars and five years? So yeah, I think the "Fuck Konami" train is a bit much, but it does suck that they are moving away from AAA development. To say nothing of Konami's allegedly shitty work environment.

We will see if this works out, it just may be that Kojima needs someone to hold him accountable which may not happen now that he has his own studio. Plus, notable game devs going off to start their own studio has a checkered past.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The thing we can hope from from him is what we always get from him. A dude that makes games that pushes boundaries. MGSV was a fucking mess plotwise... much like any other Japanese game. Few of them ever made any fucking sense to me.

But they are fun and when they aren't fun. At least they're interesting. So I'm good with it. Don't have a PS4 though so I won't be playing whatever comes out of his shop.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I will add that this is a smart move for Sony. Kojima's tentpole blockbuster games are a better fit with Sony regardless since they are in the business of moving consoles instead of selling games. So even if Kojima only delivers one to two titles per console generation, if he can sell even half a million consoles, then it is probably worth Sony's while. Similar to how Naughty Dog operates under Sony.