Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Definitely gonna watch this. Some of the first music I listened to that was "mine" and not my sister's or my parents'.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Looking forward to it as well. I think I read the soundtrack is mostly (all?) previously unreleased stuff by Kurt so that should be cool as well.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Man back after his death I got way too deep in to all the Tom Grant conspiracies about Courtney Love and that other dude. Ah, to grow up. Looking forward to this also.

Column_sl

shitlord
The other Documentaries on Kurt were better imo.

This one had some cool stuff like the audio grabs played out through animation.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Saw this yesterday. Thought it was awesome. Only thing I was disappointed in was that Dave Grohl didn't give an interview. Pretty much like doing a documentary on the Beatles without interviewing Paul McCartney. That, and Courtney Love's tits are gross.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Only thing I was disappointed in was that Dave Grohl didn't give an interview.
There was an article in last month's Rolling Stone that his interview was filmed too late within the editing process.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was an article in last month's Rolling Stone that his interview was filmed too late within the editing process.
That's bullshit. I guess they are saving the Grohl footage for the extended dvd. >.<

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. Brought me right back to my high school days. Kurt was more fucked up than I thought.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. Brought me right back to my high school days. Kurt was more fucked up than I thought.
I agree. I mean, I always knew he was fucked up; that's what gave his music and lyrics its edge, but he was REALLY fucked up. Trying to have sex with a retarded fat girl is really, really messed up. Also, for a genius, he couldn't spell worth a shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
The only thing that bothered me abit was how they played to Courtney as the junkie with the heart of gold, and they really didn't delve into the Mom that much just made it look like it was all Kurt's fault.

Pretty sure the only way you can get any movie about Kurt anymore is if you play nice with Courtney .

I did have a laugh when she said that she never slept with anyone else, and in the same breath said she wasn't really into monogamy.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I thought the movie was very chaotic and disjointed, which probably was very fitting for the subject manner. It was less a documentary about Kurt and more a look into his mind, which from the art he left behind was an incredibly fucked up place.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but only because I was aware of most of the backstory a more traditional documentary would have told.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think in that Rolling Stones article previously mentioned Frances Bean said she wanted a documentary that helped her know who her dad was, and not just a documentary about his life that she'd already seen. Something along those lines. But I feel the same as etchazz, always knew he was fucked up but seeing some of those home videos was just crazy. Maybe I don't know enough junkies.

On the Dave Grohl stuff it has always seemed convenient how he doesn't weigh in on a lot of the Nirvana history and his time, etc... Loved him in the band, love(d) Foo Fighters, but he's always come off as a huge d-bag and seemed to spit on his time with Nirvana. I dunno, that's 100% a personal reaction and could be 100% wrong.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Dave Grohl is fucking rad. I don't think there's much d-bag about him. I mean, his speech at SXSW a couple years ago should get to any music fan.