Lag friendly online games?

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
So I'm in the middle east for a few more months. While my internet connection is rock solid, I'm 5000 miles from anywhere people want to put things which makes it difficult to play MOBA's, RTS's, etc...

Looking for suggestions on some lag friendly games (co-op preferred, competative is fine) that my brother/friends and I can play. Right now I'm looking at mostly low-level MMO shit where you can afk and still advance and turn based web browser games and not feeling too enthused. Am I overlooking things or is that about all there is?

Thanks in advance.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Have you ever tried Blood Bowl? There is a thread about it, only $4.99 on Steam right now. Turn based so lag is not really an issue and the game is very in depth.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Cool beans, I'll look into these. MTG gonna be hard since I'm the only one I know of that enjoys it to any reasonable degree but I have Frozen Synapse, haven't played it yet though.

Appreciate it sirs. +nets all around.

Turn based stuff is likely your best bet. I would personally recommend Hero Academy (free on iOS, a few bucks on Steam) and You Don't Know Jack.
Hero Academy is a turn based strategy game, You Don't Know Jack is the best trivia game ever (the new facebook/iOS version is short, but there are loads of episodes to play).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I was able to play Civ5 from Hawaii on dickshit satellite internet with no issues, so once again turn-based is probably your best bet.

Blood Bowl is awesome but will cause you to rage stroke and smash your keyboard for the first 6 matches (or it did me anyway).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Definitely pick up Blood Bowl. Spend a little time reading on strats and you'll have a blast with it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
A bunch of us play e-sim, which you can check out in my sig. I say "a bunch of us", and I don't mean 5-10...but closing in on a hundred people from this community soon, if not already.

Its retarded easy to get into and takes no time at all to play, but the political aspect of it and winning battles can really draw you in. We run our own country of South Korea after deciding to help out the RL Koreans from the previous server and erepublik. We started out small at first but quickly became one of the strongest and most-respected countries on the server. We have Taiwan conquered and helped wipe out China. Canada decided to sign for peace to avoid being wiped out too (all three of those countries started wars with us btw, we just ended it hehehe).

Check it out, sign up under one of our referrals, then your family/friends can sign up under your referral. This way one of us can help you get into the game, and then when you settle in, they can sign up under you and you get rewards for it.

Or don't play, up to you. haha