Langrisser 1 & 2

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider

Man this came out of left field. I always loved these games and didn't even know they were remaking them. It's a pretty great turn based strategy game with hero units that level up and command their own troops. Originals were on the Genesis/SNES and I don't think the 2nd one was ever released in the US. Price is a little steep though that but I'll probably get it anyway because nostalgia.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would have bought it the other day when I saw it, but that price is insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Soul Nomad did this kind of thing a lot better (and of course the original Ogre Battle). Never understood why that style of game went away, or why Squenix refuses to port things like the Tactics Ogre (And entire Ogre Battle series) and FFT games to modern consoles. Its free money for them, honestly. But they are too busy fagging up the FF7 remake I guess.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
These look fucking great but they misplaced the decimal point.

• 1Like

Daidraco

A bit annoyed that they havent decreased the price of this. But to be honest.. I spent more on the stupid mobile of the game than I should have. So if you're into "this" sort of thing, have at it.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the price is a bit egregious. I never did get into the mobile game though. I dunno I just cant seem to get into gaming on my phone. If I need something to waste time while I'm taking a shit I just read FoH.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used to love Shining Force on Sega, these appear like a juiced up version of that, and if so I'll pick them up when they go on sale.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I wish they would make a true Shining Force again. They are all action RPGs now afaik. Not that there has been a shining game released outside of Japan in forever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Man I wish they would make a true Shining Force again. They are all action RPGs now afaik. Not that there has been a shining game released outside of Japan in forever.

I downloaded the mobile versions of Dragon Warrior 1&2 (Dragon Quest to some), Shining Force 1 and 2, and Phantasy Star 1-4. Brought back some heavy nostalgia, and $10 bucks was well worth the cost for a good ports between all of them.

Just a follow up talking about ports - I did bootleg the game and I am so thankful I did. Cannot remap keybinds, and they are in a shitty spot. No mouse support. Etc. Thought it might just be a shitty rip - nope. One of the biggest complaints on the steam forum. So sad :(

Last edited: