Lantern EQ

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've searched but I can't find the thread on Lantern EQ on FOH.

Is there no existing thread and if not, well here you go?

It is a group of people deving the first 3 eq packs onto unity. Some pretty nice looking zones have been made.,

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Zoneless? Whats the purpose... So I can have one ultimate Norrath train to wipe out everything?

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 10 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They'll probably do something gay like leashing.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
They'll probably do something gay like leashing.
What's so gay about leashing?

...oh

gay-pride-parade.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I've searched but I can't find the thread on Lantern EQ on FOH.

Is there no existing thread and if not, well here you go?

It is a group of people deving the first 3 eq packs onto unity. Some pretty nice looking zones have been made.,

3 month rez...

Lantern actually uses zones, it's basically just EQ in Unity.

I really wanna know if S Secrets has any desire what-so-ever to create for it when it gets further in the process. Currently the project is basically a single player EQ, done in the retro style.

The prospect for having EQ in Unity seems impressive, I haven't played EQ since the changes they have been doing with the game this year though..

---

Combat added in 0.1.6:

Music and likely other things being added in 0.1.7:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Everquest will never die until we all die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
3 month rez...

Lantern actually uses zones, it's basically just EQ in Unity.

I really wanna know if S Secrets has any desire what-so-ever to create for it when it gets further in the process. Currently the project is basically a single player EQ, done in the retro style.

The prospect for having EQ in Unity seems impressive, I haven't played EQ since the changes they have been doing with the game this year though..
I'd love to, but...

Because Lantern doesn't utilize the emu framework, it's going to be a while before we see any sort of widespread adoption - as the replacement basically has to re-integrate large swaths of the emu server components and scripting interfaces. I'm not opposed to doing that, but doing so will take a fair bit of time.

Wizzel apparently has explicit rights to use Unity, as in, bought the engine completely. So I don't know if there's any legal challenges with using the Unity client still that would have to be resolved.

Unity could receive a takedown request from Daybreak - even if they aren't using the IP, Daybreak might be able to boss around a big company like Unity and have them comply easier than a tiny emulator, and there's a bigger potential for damage payout, especially compared to EQEmu where you'd probably fuck over some fan's income for life if they don't comply.

Both suck in the court of public opinion, but one has actual financial payout.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users