Las Vegas

Vinen

God is dead
The fuck isn't dumb as shit to do in Vegas.

Figure I will do a Poker tournament or 2 while I'm out there. Are there any new shows that don't suck (Absinthe level shows)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Any of the Cirque shows are good, except for the mind freak one which sucks balls. Blue Man Group is awesome live, loved the music.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Any of the Cirque shows are good, except for the mind freak one which sucks balls. Blue Man Group is awesome live, loved the music.

I saw Ka many years ago. Are there any new standing ones on the strip? I've avoided going to the strip the last 3 or 4 times I've been to Vegas (Parents have a house in Henderson. Green Valley is good enough for raking in wins at the Poker table). Just happen to be there for VMworld this year so I actually will be on the strip and need to occupy myself with something.

Whats the "hot" steakhouse on the strip now? Been to Delmonico's a bunch but I figure there is something better by now.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Circus Circus steakhouse is always great, even though it's in a shitty hotel. Craft Steak at MGM is very nice too. If you want a standing show, see a band at the Cosmopolitan pool, only standing room there. Can't think of any resident shows besides Absinthe that is standing.

Vinen

God is dead
Circus Circus steakhouse is always great, even though it's in a shitty hotel. Craft Steak at MGM is very nice too. If you want a standing show, see a band at the Cosmopolitan pool, only standing room there. Can't think of any resident shows besides Absinthe that is standing.

I think my body would reject walking into Circus Circus. Place is too much of a dump.

Will probably check-out Craft Steak (Staying in MGM. Company auto-booked :(). Went to the one which used to exist in Foxwoods? (I think thats where was) in Connecticut. Was OK. Not the best steak I've had but in the top 20. Kinda sick of Delmonico's.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya steak houses on the strip are kinda hit or miss with the food, although I have always had good steaks at Palm in Forum Shops at Caesars. There's a few off the strip that are pretty good too. McCormick and Schmicks, Del Friscos, Lawry's. Golden Steer on Sahara is good and very old school.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any of you been to the Bootlegger out there? I caught it on an episode of Anthony Bordain and seemed kinda cool in an old school dinner and show type of way.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Cirque shows? Really. OK well if you like that shit, then take my list of things as a list of shit you definitely want to avoid.

-Penn and Teller
-Improv, and tons of other comedy shows.
-The amazing jonathan, but only if you've never seen him, cause I'm pretty sure he's been doing the same routine for 20 years now.
-Star Trek exhibit at the hilton
-Jousting at the Excalibur
-Arcade downstairs at the Excaliber. Try not to look like a pedophile.
-Some gun range where you can shoot full auto guns (I have never done this one)
-Around the back of the MGM grand you can get yourself signed up to be a test audience.
-Grab the free hooker ads and jerk off. Don't bother calling them. If you actually want hookers, take cabs places until you find a cabbie who has a couple he drives for a lot, and he'll have pics for you to look at first.
-Ghost tours.

i don't remember ever finding any good food in vegas other than Ruth's Chris.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Penn and Teller are fantastic. Go see them.

Also, the Pinball Hall of Fame is a great way to spend a few hours.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Cirque shows? Really. OK well if you like that shit, then take my list of things as a list of shit you definitely want to avoid.

-Penn and Teller
-Improv, and tons of other comedy shows.
-The amazing jonathan, but only if you've never seen him, cause I'm pretty sure he's been doing the same routine for 20 years now.
-Star Trek exhibit at the hilton
-Jousting at the Excalibur
-Arcade downstairs at the Excaliber. Try not to look like a pedophile.
-Some gun range where you can shoot full auto guns (I have never done this one)
-Around the back of the MGM grand you can get yourself signed up to be a test audience.
-Grab the free hooker ads and jerk off. Don't bother calling them. If you actually want hookers, take cabs places until you find a cabbie who has a couple he drives for a lot, and he'll have pics for you to look at first.
-Ghost tours.

i don't remember ever finding any good food in vegas other than Ruth's Chris.
You havent been to vegas in years. Its not Hilton anymore and the star trek experience has been gone for years also.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just snagged 4 nights of Phish for Halloween. Staying at MGM since that is where they are playing. Been at least 2 maybe 3 years since I've been to Vegas so looking forward to it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just snagged 4 nights of Phish for Halloween. Staying at MGM since that is where they are playing. Been at least 2 maybe 3 years since I've been to Vegas so looking forward to it.
Be prepared for the parking fees at MGM. It's like 10 bucks a day. The Caesar's hotels don't charge yet though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Im flying in and plan to not be able to drive till I get back to Oregon!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You havent been to vegas in years. Its not Hilton anymore and the star trek experience has been gone for years also.

You are correct, and this makes me sad. The last time I went the original ride had shut down, but I didn't know it was all going away.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They were going to buy a building somewhere and expand the star trek stuff but that fell through so they just dumped it all. Sad because I loved the restaurant they had.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Damn I'm jealous. I just went to all three nights here in SF a couple weeks ago and I could definitely do it all over again. If I wasn't going to be in London I would be there in Vegas too.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I lived in LV for 10 years, and would recommend "The Steak House".

As it was pointed out, you must walk through the vomit stained Circus Circus hotel to get there, but I highly recommend.

I also would recommend the first and the best Cirque show "Mystere" at Treasure Island.

There is a restaurant called "Capos" on Saraha about 3 miles from the strip that has a speakeasy vibe to it. (no entrance, lounge singer etc)

The Bootlegger used to have kick ass old school entertainers, but I haven't eaten there in years.